You know how this happens....all of us do...how one time leads to another. How me buying Hubby a TV leads to new furniture.
Let's see if you can follow this non-sensical progression. I bought my husband a flat panel tv for his birthday in December. My first mistake was not buying but assuming it would go in our computer room. However, it went to the "Man Cave" outback or what some would call a storage building. It's all good. He spends a lot of time in there and he loves the tv but I digress.
So now with this heightened viewing ability we (or rather he) have decided we need one for inside the house as well. This additional purchase is first to be made after tour (August), then before tour (July), then before mini-tour (June), then it was to be with the tax return. So you get the picture. Needless to say, that plan went out the window and we already have the tv, it is mounted on the wall above the fireplace and has been in place several weeks. And again I digress.
So because we are now viewing tv in the family room more often, I needed more light for evening sewing. Enter the accomplice. Floor Dazor Light/Magnifier.
Today as I puttered around the house waiting for a repairman man, I cleaned and scrubbed and dusted and swept. I kept smelling the smell of marshmallows roasting. I look high and low, inside and outside to the neighbors and begin to think I am goofier than I thought. So what do I do, I light a candle. Of course, to make it smell nice for when the repair man gets here. You know that window of between noon and 6 pm.
My cleaning has progressed from the computer room, to the kitchen, to the bath, to the living room and now I am tidying up the family room and then I see it......a hole burnt into my sofa cushion from the sun shining through my magnifying glass. For a moment it took me back to the Lord of the Flies and using the eye glasses to start a fire......
Follow the progression below, #1 the culprit - the tv, #2 the accomplice - the magnifying light, #3 - the resulting burn in the marshmallow foam stuffed cushion and last #4 the solution to avert further tragedy - the cover aka the quilted tote bag. And that is why I have to go furniture shopping. Not really. I can plump and tuck the burnt part to the back and no one will be the wiser!