May 30, 2009

STRAWberries


Went berry picking this morning with a friend. Boy did is bring back memories of taking my kids when they were little and they ate more than they put in the basket. I think the farmer's must count on it. Also brings back memories of my disasterous first attempt at making jam. If I remember it tasted alright but my m-in-l told me I did it all wrong. Funny thing is I look back now and realize she was an authority but has never done it herself. I do remember I had strawberries from one end of the kitchen to the other. Hey! At least I should have got points for the effort. First and last time I did jam.

I have already wrapped some up to deliver to my son and I am taking some to me son-in-law as well. I just printed a recipe for strawberry rhubarb pie and I am making one to take to my s-in-l as well. I am cleaning the rest and freezing a lot. I will be able to pop them out later to make smoothies, or ice cream or use them in recipes.

Finally posting my WIP on Side Two of my Etui. I actually have more done since I took this photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.