February 9, 2010

Bracing for another nor'easter

We are getting ready to get hit again with another 18 to 24 inches of snow.   Some people may not understand what the big deal is but compared to other years and not getting 18 inches over two or three seasons all I can say is WOW!   Funny how people freak out.    I haven't been to the store since well before the last storm and I will not be at the store today either......I mean if you have a well stocked pantry including good ole tp, you are good.   DelDOT is worring about where they will plow any additional snow.   Kudos to the NJDot peeps....they were great at snow removal.   

As for people freaking out.....they are all concerned about being snowbound for a couple of days.   Not me!  I have stitching plans, crafting plans, website maintenance plans and will be bringing home several sets of minutes to type.   I can keep myself busy for days.  I said to one boo-hoo-er yesterday....no worries, at least I have electricity.   Of course I got the deer in the headlights stare.....come on people, there are 30,000 people at the NJ shore who are without electricity and have been since Friday or Saturday!   I still say if we all threw our troubles in a bag and mixed them up a bit, we would want our own back and not be saddled with the troubles of others.  It's all about perspective!

hmmm, I wonder if I have what I need to bake up some chocolate chip cookies..........

5 comments:

  1. It's always a wonder to me that the prospect of being snowed in for ONE DAY (maybe two) sends people scurrying for provisions like they will be snowbound for a month. Tomorrow is my regular shopping day, so I am going today for a few provisions. I'm amazed what is in my freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so in agreement with you about the storm issue! We had people in our neighborhood complaining about the streets, then when they plowed some more, they complained about having to dig out the end of the driveway again! At least we aren't buried in mudslides or devastated by earthquakes!

    I'm ready, I'm set, let's go snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're due to get 10" by tomorrow. Not as bad as the east, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are well prepared. Glad you can stitch though

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will gladly take some of your snow :)
    The first one missed us, but we did get a measley 6" yesterday.
    Thanks so much for leaving comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.