August 15, 2011

Girl Time

So what do you do when it is pouring rain and you can't do yard work and you need to unwind........you plan some girl time.   My daughter did 12 days straight at work so the commonality was set.   Heather and I get to scheming and I packed a bag, stuffed in my crafting and headed north for an overnight stay.   My trip to her place usually takes 45 minutes but in the rain, it took an hour and 15 minutes.   We spent Sunday afternoon and early evening  visiting Josh and Sarah and the kids in their new house in Jenkintown.   Oh so cute and so solid and filled with neat nooks and crannies and secret rooms.  We wish them well with their new home.  After some pizza and wine it was back to Heather's and crafting abounded for the rest of the evening. 

To back up a little, I did have some excitement on the ride up.....got a text from my Boston daughter telling me she's feeling sick/nauseated alot and what does that mean?   Of course - moi' who wants a grandchild took the jump I was steered to not even caring that she is not married or that she does not have a boyfriend currently - I got over those details thinking of the potential grandbaby!!!!  We traded voicemails and finally made contact and she gave me more clues....."come on Mom, when do you get a sick headache and feel sick to your stomach?" she asked.   Ding ding ding!  The light goes on and the bells go off.......when do I get a sick headache and feel like I am going to throw up?......when I spend a lot of money.......so I guessed......bought a car!  Yes, she did.  Never looked or thought of a Chrysler and never wanted a black car but bought a Chrysler 200 in Blueberry - which sometimes looks blue and somethings looks black.....   I can't believe I have to wait until Thanksgiving to see her in it......that is what stinks about your kids moving away.  You just don't pop on over when it is a 6 and a half hour drive!
So today, the excitement and fun continued......more crafting this morning and then shopping. First was a trip to Borders.....I got some great books.

"Put 'em up" about canning, was recommended by my sister as a good how to for first timers.

This book has great instructions on cut work, beading, canvaswork and needlepoint and more.
  And then we went junk shopping.   I spent $6.72 and I got...........

I got these frames and you know us stitchers and always use frames.

This basket will be filled with fat quaters soon.

Who can't use a another couple of ironstone platters at 2 for $0.50?

$0.49 for this super top!


And this box I couldn't pass up.   It so looks like our civil war ice cream social fundraiser we do annually.

I need to do some sprucing up and then it will be ready.

What a great couple of days and a great way to unwind after the hectic time at work.   So much laughing, silliness and fun when my daughter(s) and I get together.

2 comments:

  1. Love your Halloween finish (couple posts ago) - the triangle is so clever! We received rain like your pics a couple days ago...it was great to get it, but I agree I was thankful no flooding.

    I am so glad you had a great time with your family, crafting away. It's it great we can relax with our obsessions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, lots of fun stuff! It sounds like a great couple of days!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.