November 6, 2011

A bit of progress

I may not have been posting on my own site but have been managing quick 'drive-bys' on all your blogs.   I love all the creativity I am seeing and catching up on everyone's progress.   Hopefully soon I will be able to post more often as well as comment instead of just quick reads.  So anyway.............

This morning I had a special breakfast with my BF Debbie and her grand-daughter Kayla. I've have know Kayla since she was born and I can't believe how quickly she has grown. She has been wanting to go out with her grandmom and me for quite sometime and it has just been a crazy time juggling calendars - mainly mine. We talked about school and Girl Scouts and little sisters and little brothers and boys and dances.  I think the most important thing one can do with their life is to touch the life of a child. I am so very glad we finally got our big girl morning out together. It was a fun breakfast at iHop!






Riding home from breakfast, I pulled over and pulled out my camera. I thought the autumn leaf color had peaked but received a sensory surprise after rounding a bend. The camera and web don't do the array of colors justice. Just love Mother Nature and what she does.....



On the stitching front, I have managed to eek out a few stitches on La-D-Da's ABCD. This is the traveling pattern that I am part of and I certainly am not going to finish as quickly as some others did. I am enjoying it and it is a fast stitch, it is just taking that time to sit and stitch. Since I now go to the gym before work it eliminated my before work stitching hour but 6 lbs lighter and jeans a little more comforable, I guess the trade off is worth it.

This week was a friend from WW (Weight Watchers) is having a birthday and I constructed her a diet friendly cake. Rice cake layers, with a layer of peanut butter cups for the non-dieters, WW candies, Extra gum in Apple Pie and Strawberry Shortcake flavor (really yummy), and sugar-free cookies. Most important, she liked it and we all stayed within our points.

Looking at it just now, I could really go for 1 serving/3 lemon cookies/4 pt. treat.

6 comments:

  1. Autumn is definitely one of my favorite times of the year because of the changing leaves.
    Your stitching is looking lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the progress on the Traveling Pattern! You will be done before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your morning out sounds fun Robin!
    Your ABCD looks great! I'm really liking the color you chose to use!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kayla is sooo sweet, I agree...spending a little time to change a child's life is one of the best things a person can do....I also try to make a point of doing that :-)

    Great stitching too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your autumn pics. Kayla is such a beautiful little girl. :D

    La-D-Da looking wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss those beautiful mideastern autumn colors! Your blog header photo is GORGEOUS--those wrought iron pumpkins are fantastic! Nice progress on your WIP!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.