November 26, 2011

A little diversion from stitching

Just call me Side-track Robin today.   I have flitted from project to project leaving some - like cleaning the two bedrooms upstairs, half completed.    Now for a totally useless diversion.   I am just in from raking leaves, etc. outside.   Here on the east coast of the US of A it is an unseasonally warm day and we are taking advantage of it with by cleaning flower beds, hanging clothes on the line and getting all the leaves raked.  In typical fashion, when I am ready for a rest (really a time-out), I surf through the blogs I follow.   Here's a neat thing that I have copied from the Stitch Bitch.

So just for fun, another book meme -

The book that’s been on your shelves the longest - Has to be Latin II from 8th grade Latin class.   Still with my neatly folded, tissue paper, typed list of the different tenses and diclensions.

A book that reminds you of something specific in your life (a person, a place, a time). - I have a book on Upper Penns Neck history (now called Pennsville Township).   This book was written by my elementary school principal.   She had such a passion to local history and lore.   I remember our 6th grade class trip (the entire 6th grade of the school fit on one bus)  We rode all around the county with stops here and there,  the principal pointing out different historical facts.   To this day, I still can ride by some of these points of interest and see her standing facing all our eager faces and tellings us the local trivia.

A book you acquired in some interesting way:  A Girl Scout Handbook - I was at a yard sale two towns away and was flipping through books and opened the book and saw my mother's name as the leader.  At the time I didn't even know she had ever been a Girl Scout leader but her name was unusual and I recognized the scout's name as a friend of my older sister's.   I bought the book and later confirmed with my sister that yes, indeed, my mother was her troop leader.

The book that’s been with you to the most places: hmmmm, I'd have to say my Kindle or more recently my Kindle Ap on my iPad.   I know that is a stretch but it is all I got!

The most recent addition to your shelves: See above - I rarely buy paperbacks anymore.   I will buy a good craft book because there is no replacement to a good instruction book in your hands.   Most recently I purchased "Put em up"  A book on canning!

Your current read: A Time In Between - hard to get into

Your last read: 1,000 White Women - awesome!   Hope it is a movie one day.

The book you’ll read next:  Probably will be the next in the series for me of the Janet Evanovich/Stephanie Plum series - #9.  With the holiday season approaching, reading time will be limited and light, entertaining reading will be in order.  Who knows what Stephanie and Joe Morelli are up to!!

4 comments:

  1. wowwwwwwwwwwww nice..i love reading this post..so interesting..
    love and hugs
    cucki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! How cool is that, finding your mother's name in the girl scout book? Great find.
    It was a beautiful day here too. Now we must brace ourselves for a few days of dreary weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read 1,000 white women twice, once when it came out 5 or so years ago, and then this summer. Awesome book. Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.