October 29, 2012

Waiting game

Awoke to news that Hurricane Sandy has shifted her targeted land fall again by a few more miles south.  Not good for me.  It is estimated that at 2 a.m. Tuesday the red line of her path will be nearly  directly over me!   Not too nervous until I saw that on Action News this morning.   It's going to be a long day of anticipation and longer night and day tomorrow.

I have my jugs of water ready, everything is charged, flashlights and candles at the ready,  I baked some goodies yesterday and my office is closed today and tomorrow.  Mr.  W. thinks I am ridiculous that I filled jugs with water......if it is needed, maybe I will think about sharing it with him!  Is it like when a baby is coming and folks are sent to rip sheets and boil water?  Just a distraction.  I guess I will just have to stitch while I still have power ........but maybe after I assemble an emergency bag in case we have to leave.  For now, it is a waiting game.......

Stay safe and stay dry everyone on the east coast.

5 comments:

  1. oh dear..you and all the people in usa are in my prayers..
    stay safe..
    love for you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do stay safe ~ we are in the line as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay safe, Robin! Will be thinking of you and praying for your safety.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have all our water bottle full, a five gallon camping canteen full, and plastic water bottles full and in the freezer to help with keepin things cool if/when we lose power. Keeping an eye on the basement and bringing up our camp kitchen stuff so that we can have hot coffee/water if necessary. Sleeping downstairs tonight. Worried about the sycamore on the side-it already had a lean, it's 80years old, and hours of rain won't be good for keeping it from bein uprooted if the winds are as bad as they say. The biggest alert, though, was that Miki stayed home. He was prepared to ride his bicycle this morning. I'm relieved to have him home, but now thinking damn I he is worried enough to not be the crazy dude biking in a hurricane, it might be bad tonight.

    We have solar chargers charged and will keep you posted. Love!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are still home and warm!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.