March 17, 2013

Shopping and Sorting

After my day trip with my sister and our subsequent visit to my craft room.....(I know by her silence that she was rolling her eyes at me for all my stash)......so I plowed through with finishing up the fabric sorting yesterday.    I know we all say creative people are not tidy but it sure is nice to work in a neat and orderly craft room.   That and the fact that we often 'forget' what we have so it is nice to window shop while in the comfort of your own home.  I did manage to accumulate one xerox box for Goodwill, one box of goodies to ship to North Carolina with Diane for her guild, and two bags of trash.   I mean really.....why do we keep some of this stuff.......5 and 6 copies of the same pattern, 5 or 6 copies of meeting minutes, handouts from 4 years ago, scraps the size of a postage stamp, well not exactly that small.....

Fabric finished, not too bad.......sorted by color which was not an exact science.  See my post from yesterday to see what I started with at the beginning of the day...


All stowed away with room to spare.
This view doesn't look like there is any room to spare....


 ....but the top is now clear and ready and welcoming.

More specialty fabrics stored above - civil war fabrics 

 and then Halloween fabrics.




A little buddy while I work.










At the quilt show, my sister found this vintage square with my name on it.   I think I might frame it.  The woman at the booth told us some other women scolded her for cutting apart the antique quilt but she said it was in such bad shape that she felt cut it apart or trash the whole thing.  I am glad she cut it apart. As far as the initials O. W.   I think we can substitute Otherwise Whacky better than Old and Weird.


I picked up this little Christmas Tree at a store in Intercourse, PA.   OMGosh, my sister and I are always saying..."we could make that"....so I bought it to use as a pattern.   It is just 6 yo-yo's stuffed and on a dowel.  And now that all my Christmas fabrics is neat and together all I need is some spare time!  



Ok, can you tell I finished up all four seasons of Sons of Anarchy?   Got some free time to post now that I have pulled myself away from the TV.

5 comments:

  1. Looks great! If you need more to sort, you can always come here! Love that old piece of quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey what about teaching that tree for Christmas in July? It is really cute!

    Pat L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the organization...some great ideas in these snaps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love organizing my sewing room...it's fun to play in our stash! Especially love that white shelve unit on your wall- so cute! I need something like what you have to hold my ribbons. And jsut LOVE your candy corn finish from your last post - fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.