May 29, 2013

Promise, last one...

Memorial Day weekend we went to Baltimore's Inner Harbor for a family wedding.    It was such fun to be with family and friends and the wedding was pretty cool.....both bride and groom are sports fans and the bride, in particular, is an Orioles fan so what better venue then Camden Yards.

 My son's stepson all dressed up.  Kids sure clean up nice.

 Not like her mother, my daughter kept popping up every time I got my camera out.

 Here we go, entering Camden Yards.  Cocktail hour to be on the 7th floor with the reception following on the 6th floor.

There she is again.....in front of the plaque that says the statue is Babe Ruth.

 The wedding was at the Orioles Walk of Fame (above the black section on mid-right).



The back of the scoreboard as we entered the complex

 Of course because of breeze and hats ..... I couldn't get any decent pix of the actual ceremony. There were a couple of times her viel was straight up in the air when it wasn't obscuring her and the groom!


 Missing my late sister-in-law this day, the day of her son's wedding.

 View from the cocktail hour.

 Pretty flowers.


The newlyweds, Mr. and Mrs. Steven Sharpe


 The happy couple visiting our table.


 My son managed to serve as a groomsmen on crutches 
without the boot but needed to get comfy by night's end.

 OMG!  There she is again!  I have to post these because most
pix I have of her she is pulling a face.


 And yes, there were some not so complimentary pix taken when I left my camera unattended.   Thankfully my kids only posted that knowledge to FB and didn't post the pix before I could confiscate and delete them.


 See what I mean!  And this one is mild. 


 And this one that needs an explanation!  Sister and brother comparing broken ankle surgical cars.


When we checked in, we were given awesome gift bags with bottled water, snacks, candies, 
a tin of Old Bay seasoning and goodies.    






Wedding reception over, some guests boarded a party bus that took many on a pub crawl with the bride and groom....we decided to walk the inner-harbor instead. It was a great weekend with family and will be remembered partly as the weekend of the best elevator ride ever! (you had to be there) and the weekend I lost my son's stepson (we got on the elevator and he didn't...causing me several scary minutes. This WAS NOT the best elevator ride ever.) 

And I promise, this will be the last non-stitching 
post for awhile....next up, a finish, an healthy start on a 
finish, a new project and fabulous new fabrics.  

4 comments:

  1. So glad you kept some of the sneaky photos. Any elevator that has a bride hop on at the last minute is the best elevator!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you kept some of the sneaky photos. Any elevator that has a bride hop on at the last minute is the best elevator!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it was a beautiful day for a fabulous wedding! Thanks for sharing pictures. Congratulations to the newlyweds!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.