March 5, 2015

Whimsy
























I do have some progress to share on my guild stitch along.  In true Robin Side-Track fashion, I had to jump ahead to Row 3 - which is not on the schedule until next meeting.   I needed to stitch something that was not as tedious as the satin stitched squares.  Better concentrate on row two and get it done before our next meeting!

I ventured into my sewing room last weekend when I was snowbound and pulled fabrics to finish Happy Easter from SamSarah. I stitched it last spring but didn't get around to finishing before Easter so of course if has sat in the finishing pile.     Selecting fabric is not an easy choice.....especially when I have a bit of stash to pick from.






























I went with this kind of whimsical and happy fabric to the left.   What could be more whimsical than a rabbit wearing blue jeans?  I hope to finish this up to hang on my wrought iron stand.  As much as I like snow......I like all the bright happy colors of spring.
























Also this week I stopped to visit an older friend.  I just like to check on her knowing she is a bit more housebound in the winter then she cares to be.  We had a nice dinner together and spent the evening catching up.  I was also able to snap a few shots of sunset on the river while I was there.  As the days are getting longer I am really enjoying beautiful skies and sunsets on my ride home.   This night did not disappoint.


It was bitter cold and windy so I took these from inside the house.  It is hard to tell but the ice is across most of the width of the river to the channel on the other side. It is an awesome sight when I cross the river each day to and from work.


Some pieces of the ice look to be as much as 8-inches thick!  The tugs and ice breakers are going up and down the river every day to keep everything moving.

 Looking a little more north.

I love the colors in this one below but I got the reflection of the interior lamps.  Still not bad for photos from my phone.

Being on the river brings so many memories of growing up on the river and then spending so much time boating and skiing with friends and our kids years later.    No matter where I were to move I'd have to be near water!  

4 comments:

  1. What fun fabric you picked out for your bunny piece! Awesome pictures of the river; I like the last one as well!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing pictures!

    Love your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress on Robin. Blue and green looks lovely together. I relly like your easter stitching. What a bright colors and funny bunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin: Your Happy Easter is so cute and the coordinating fabric is perfect.
    Love the sunset pictures.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.