January 7, 2017

Went Fishing

So the best laid plans of my snowy Saturday went amok.    I do laundry and needed to clean first and that is where I got into trouble.    About 3/4's of the way done I thought I'd be nice to Buddy (the cat) and vacuum his kitty kat condo he climbs on.   Just as I was thinking I'd better grab that catnip fish, you guessed it.....swoosh into the vacuum it went.  So fast forward about 10 minutes and I have the vacuum in pieces, the fine dirt has come out of it and out of the canister and is all over the floor, my clothes, the cat has walked through it, paw prints everywhere, I've sneezed, dust everywhere with the obligatory I have now wiped my face with my grimy hand and have dirt across my cheek, Mr. Wonderful comes in from outside and just looks at me, puts his coffee cup on the end table next to me and he asks "what are you doing" and I just glare at him.  He says he'll come back later........so a bit of digging about into the innards of my Dyson with a crochet hook and viola, a catnip fish!  Meanwhile I kind of resemble PigPen from Peanuts.

Now I got it put back together and I can't find the hose.   I mean really!  I only walked to the kitchen and back but now I retrace my steps  at least 3 times, through the dirt pile no less.   By this time - although I am not swearing - I am speaking out loud to no one that this is totally ridiculous.   I find the hose, right next to where I was sitting (I swear it wasn't there before).   So this whole morass has set me back the better part of an hour.....

Tools away, cleaning products away, clothes changed and I decide I am going to stitch for an hour before I start dinner (which thankfully is a big pot of soup I already made!)  I start to stitch and I (almost) complete the motif only to realize a mistake was made in my count from way back when I worked on this piece several years ago.....  It is now 3:00 and Mr. W. returns and wants to know what I am cooking for dinner......

 I get a big bowl of ice cream and sit in the recliner and succumb to the day with the Hallmark Channel and decide I quit!  Mr. W. can warm up his own soup!  It was just one of those days.

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there--next weekend you can leave all your worries behind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry if this is the fish I sent Buddy for Christmas. LOL Love the story. How many times have I done this, I've lost count.
    If it's any consolation, I'm sure Buddy appreciated you finding his toy. Have a great week. =^..^= Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Robin! I am sorry about the vacuum cleaner and catnip fish incident. But I do hope the bowl of ice cream was enjoyable. You deserved it. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.