November 19, 2017

Mothers and Daughters

Ahhh.......had a mother/daughters couple of days and enjoyed it.   I think I really needed the girl time to decompress from WORK!  Anyway, middle daughter was in the Philly area for work.  I picked her up after her conference and headed to my eldest daughter's.......laughter ensued.    Giggles, fun, food, wine and it is over too quickly.   We dropped middle daughter at the airport for an 8:00 a.m. flight (Really Amy!  An 8:00 flight!) We got to see the sun rise at Philadelphia International Airport (PHL).  We were back at my eldest's daughter's to craft all day and then back to PHL at 5:00 pm to pick up my S-in-L who was flying in from Albuquerque.....so I saw sunrise and sunset at the airport.

Silly me, I didn’t take photos before I left Heather's, but she made three of the cutest things.   A play mat for William for Christmas, a collapsible scrap catcher and a compartmented wallet.....

and I finished up a soft sculpture 12 Dogs of Christmas Book for William.

....I made progress on William’s stocking....



There are parts of the pattern that have no symbol so I did not stitch there.   However, when looking at the color version on the leaflet, I see I need to go back and filling in these areas.   Having never stitched a Shepherd's Bush stocking I am not sure if this is how they do all their charts.   No matter......no counting needed will make filling these areas in good lunchtime stitching at work.
....and I started making project bags!   This all started as an idea a few months back when a friend was purging her stash.  She had a bunch of little motifs that she stitched and didn't know what to do with so she was going to toss them.   The wheels were turning and I said I think I could find a use for them.     I then went through my own basket of finishing.    Things I enjoyed stitched but had no intention of framing.  You know the kind.....class pieces or little tiny finishes you stitched to try a new technique....and what are you going to do with them?   I set off to shop my stash and find compatible fat quarters to match each piece.  And we know what kind of rabbit hole that can lead one down. 
I had some trials and errors with my work but I got seven done!    I have some designs for 8 more bags!  And what I am going to do with all the project bags?........hmmmm, got another idea.  Wish me luck that I can get the rest sewn up in the next couple of weeks!








What was fun was finding a bold inside fabric.

And I have 8 more queued up to stitch.   There were definitely some trials and errors.  By the time I was done,  I managed to get a complete bag stitched from start to finish in one hour.

Thanks for stopping by and keep on stitching.

4 comments:

  1. William's stocking is looking good. What fabulous project bags you created! It sounded like you had wonderful few days with your daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects.
    what a good idea to use smalls for project bags!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin, the bags are wonderful...and you've given me an idea for some of my own "stitched but will never frame" pieces. Luckily, I have the instructions from a Hands on Design project bag chart so don't have to start at square one on that. Thanks and good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin: Your project bags are wonderful, what a great idea to add stitched designs.
    The Christmas Book is a wonderful idea, Love Williams stocking, Shepherds Bush Designs are lovely.

    Happy Thanksgiving
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.