November 20, 2011

Still in Love...

In the spirit if the WIPocylapse challenge next year, I got to digging through my WIP basket. I came across this goodie. We all know that we sometimes start something or even buy something and never start it and then our tastes change.

Well, I am still in love with the overall project as well as all the individual motifs. With the holidays upon I know I will have limited stitching time but I did mount this on my stretcher bars in anticipation of putting in my rotation. It is kind of looming in front of me say "for shame.....you left me in a zip lock bag in the closet".



  The pattern is from Dimensions, the cloth is 14 count aida and will take some getting used to once I start to work on it again.   The copyright date on the cover page is 1993.  I can tell that when I went on a cruise for my 20th wedding anniversary in 1995, I worked on it on the plane to and from Florida.  I think this is the oldest one that I will include in my rotation and I doubt I know the time frame of the others like I do with this one.....but first things first.   I need to update my photos on my 2011 Completed tab.

4 comments:

  1. I love your WIP, Robin, and can even remember those days when we could stitch on planes too, funny and sad. I also adore that it is from an Anniversary cruise...what a fun re-visit WIP. I love the motif and can't wait to see your finish!
    XO
    Ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, this is so cute, Robin. I can't wait to see more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress Robin :-) looking forward to seeing it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand the change of taste as time goes by..i can'tcount how many projects i've started before and never finish till now.
    Hope you will find time to finish this design as it sure a lovely one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.