November 26, 2011

What a difference a day makes

 How we went from this
........... to this in a quick turnaround.
 
I needed my dining room table to lay out my son's quilt. This will be the biggest thing I have ever tried to machine quilt. I don't know how well I will fare. Once it was all pinned together I rolled it from opposite sides towards the middle so I can start machine quilting.

   It got as far as looking like a giant anaconda on the steps.  I hope to steal a half hour each evening to run a few passes with the machine on the quilting.  


I spent some stitching time finishing some finishes. These are two of from Bent Creek’s Americana Collection trio. The leaflet had the info about the frames used so a quick email a couple of months back resulting in a quicker yet deliver of the frames.


I am also working on framing up JBW's French Country Alphabet. I took a Walmart frame, I am painitng it green then then plan to add a top coat of white paint after using a crackle medium.

It has been  fun to craft and sew and do non-stitching but still stitch related crafting. My to-be-finished basket is not quite as full as my WIP basket and it is now three projects smaller.




Tiny bits of progress on my oldest UFO project.  First, I have the entire left side now completed.  There is not too much left on the right side. However, all the back stitching can be time consuming.

4 comments:

  1. You had a productive day yesterday!! Love all the finishes and the framing. Good luck with the quilt--it's a big one. Are you planning to give it to your son for Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabrics you used in your son's quilt ~ good luck with the quilting. I love your American finishes and the JBW French Country Alphabet is cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your finishes are wonderful - how very cool, the look on the green frame. I love your drying prop on that one LOL. Your quilt is really great - I love the shot of the snake going up the stairs...funny! Keep up the great finishing mojo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful finishes!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.