So what did I do
- Pulled everything out of my hope chest, sorted and folded
- Inventoried and boxed up two boxes for Goodwill
- the three previous, in moderation
- Rearranged little vignettes with my new purchases
- Really cleaned the bathroom, not just the swiffer job
- Sorted and bundled old magazines for recycling
- Finished 3 finished stitching projects
- Pulled all the linens out of the blanket chest and sorted and folded. (Learned this trick on Pinterest - Store each set of sheets inside one of the pillow cases to that set. Makes it super easy to grab a complete set when guests come. Duh! Why didn't I think of this one years ago.
A doubleTwo double sessions on the computer doing financials (argh! the job I have put off for a week)
Here's my finishes:
Last year, Theresa from my Delaware guild, demonstrated how to make a strawberry with the spider-web cap. Cool, quick and easy. Earlier this year, she provided more of the same fabric to make a needlebook. She provided instructions and two pieces of upholstery style fabric. One for the inside and one for the outside. Of course I had to go the non-conventional route. I took one of the fabrics and cut it into four equal strips. I added a strip to each side of the other fabric.
And I made this little needlebook. I used her fabrics to make a larger book because I had a brainstorm. These brainstorms of mine often end with my damage done as I spin out of control! Sort of like tornado winds. I touch down here and there on this and that and leave a mess in my wake.
Speaking of framers.....I am so very close to finishing Lizzie Kate's ABC's of Aging that I can see a trip to the framer's next Saturday. I know Karen will be able to finish it up in time for my September EGA meeting so I can add it to our WIP's contest. I have the perfect place for it in my newly arranged bedroom.....but more on that and my junking finds in my next post.....for now my timer is going off and I must get back to my non-profit financial mountain of paperwork. (Another note to self - 30 years of volunteering for this group and that group needs to come to an end! I think I've done my share as well as the share of some others!! I just don't know how to leave my little ladies high and dry. I am thinking Archimedes Principle - if I were to remove myself from the organization, someone would fall in to replace me. hmmm, highly improbable but a nice thought.)