July 21, 2012

Minding my time

I have a ka-zillion projects that I want to do and, as usual, I put the pressure on myself that I must complete them all.  This weekend is no exception.   Some jobs I avoid with a 6 foot pole and other tasks I find I spend too much time on and others I get completely sidetracked off of.    To not get frustrated that I frittered away my day (really?  who fritters?) I am employing my Pampered Chef timer.  
Love this time!
It has a magnet to attach to the fridge or pop out the easel to put on the counter or  your desk.
Or best of all, clip it to your waistband.   No more burnt cakes or cookies because you walked away from the timer.   
The pre-arranged time is 90 minutes per task and the tasks are many.  Not too much of a control freak am I?   I know me, if I don't set a time line some jobs will never get approached and others, like stitching could consume the whole day which is not necessarily a bad thing except when it interferes with running a household, paying bills, buy groceries, doing laundry, etc.  I really don't want to start off my workweek with no clean clothes! 
It has happened before with reading (a very worthwhile pastime)  ...... I look up to realize the sun has set and the only light in the room is the glow of the iPad.   


Let's see what I can get done today and tomorrow and what I may have to show tomorrow evening.    I have some minor progress on my bedroom update to share, some stitching progress and of course, I've been out junking this morning and came home with some new treasures....and yes, I allowed 90 minutes for that trip and came in under 'budget' which left me time to post!


Happy stitching all and may you too cross some chores off your list this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Aww it is sound so nice...the timer :)
    Have a lovely day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see where the timer might help you stay on task. I hope it works great and you get a ton of things finished.

    Oohh, junking. I want to go junking but it's just so dang miserable out there right now! Can't wait to see what you found!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.