February 10, 2018

Lack of progress

So little free time to stitch.   That darned think called work is getting in the way again.   Sometimes it is just how it goes.   And then there is being a klutz.  I did a dumb thing.    I reached into my stitching bag Thursday night as I was on my way out the door to my EGA meeting and hit the LoRan metal board just right and got myself a nice gash on tip of my index finger.   Think paper cut but more, much more.   Of course it is my left hand.  Went to the doctor Friday to get a tetanus shot and Doc wondered why I waited a day to come it.  Umm because Thursday night I was on my way to my monthly EGA meeting.   Duh! Stitching of the medical kind was going to have to wait.  My girlfriends and stitching come first.

At EGA last month we received a small surface embroidered heart to stitch.   This month we had a lesson in lacing that piece onto mat board.   It is nice to get these little projects that teach us something new and can be completed so quickly. And I have even more admiration for the likes of Mary Corbit and surface embroidery.  With my boo-boo finger, I didn't' get too far on the assembly portion.   Dag Nabbit! Frustrating for sure.





On a better note, I think I finally have the right magnification for stitching.   I was at a friend's and I commented that I had been struggling to focus, changing glasses, adding clips-ons,  and still couldn't seem to find the right cheaters.   I was thinking I needed to go to the eye doctor.   She passed me her 4.0's and I put them on, looked at my stitching and think I heard angles sing.   Came home, logged on to Amazon and ordered a four-pack that very night.



Before my mishap,  I did manage a  teeny tiny bit of stitching on Halloween Quaker done.  I am still enjoying this piece.  Funny how it is all relative.   There was a time when I would have thought this was a big piece.  Compared to Corsica River, everything else is small.  My cut finger doesn't account totally for nary a stitch on Corsica River these past two  weeks.....not the way to go if I want to catch up.   Oh well.....

Now I have a thought provoking question for you.    Are you a process stitcher or a product stitcher?   Do you enjoy the process of stitching a piece or do you like completing a piece and having a finished product?  And my question to myself is.......what am I going to do all weekend when I can't stitch.   I hope not get into other trouble.  First thing may be to wrap the edges of my LoRan board with painters tape.

Thanks for stopping by and keep on stitching!

7 comments:

  1. OUCH!! Having done something similar with a corned beef tin many years ago I can sympathise.

    I would suggest not using painters tape as that isn't very durable - there is a linen/fabric tape out there that can be used, it's a little thicker than painters tape but it it is oh so durable. I use it to fix books that are getting a bit tatty around the spine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Robin, sorry about your finger. Sometimes those tiny paper cuts hurt so much; I hope your "slash" isn't still painful..... merely inconvenient. I like your heart piece and just in time for Valentine's Day.
    I'd say I'm a process stitcher....I always love putting in that first stitch.... but enjoy the bonus of a finished product!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your finger mends quickly. I'm guessing your Doc isn't a stitcher since he asked why you didn't come in sooner. Your surface embroidery piece looks lovely and nice progress on the Quaker. I think I am both -- I enjoy the process, but love to gift the product. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your injury - clearly such a dangerous hobby...lol.

    I am definitely about the process of stitching as can be seen by the 80 odd starts I have. Although I do like to see a project finished, I don't get a massive thrill and sometimes feel almost upset that it is over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! So sorry about your boo-boo! I can totally understand waiting a day to get to the doc's about it though! lol! It's so much fun having friends to share your passions with... we very much look forward to each meeting! :-) Love that little embroidered heart! Heal quick...and I hope you did not find too much trouble this weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Robin: So sorry to hear about your finger, it sound horrible.
    I am not sure what I am as a stitcher, some designs I cannot wait to finish and some I love taking my time doing.
    I am loving that heart it is so pretty, Quaker Halloween is amazing, I really like the fabric, it is lovely.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had to become a process stitcher, a combination of life & a liking for complicated projects means finishes are few and far between

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.