November 6, 2006

Just a little about me

Well I just recently hit that half-century mark and as long as I don’t catch my reflection in the mirror, it hasn’t sunk in. Face it, we all know the horror of seeing ourself in that department store mirror, especially when you left the house that morning and thought we looked pretty darned good. So about crafting and me… I have created things as long as I can remember – pen and ink, copper relief, sewing, calligraphy, crewel work, embroidery, cross stitch, basket weaving, stained glass, stamping… If you know anything about stash, then you can imagine I have stash for almost all of the above. Of those, cross-stitch is my favorite. I try to stitch every day. I do work full time and have long hours because of the commute. Unfortunately for me, I am driving and not on public transportation where I could use the time to stitch. I stitch first thing in the morning with my coffee and the morning news. Current status – I am on a mission to complete a minimum of 6 and hopefully as many as twelve projects before the Stitching Festival next September in Hershey PA. I have so many I want to dive into but I promise not to start anything new until I finish a few projects. With the holidays coming, it will be the perfect time. That may sound odd to some, but of all the crafts I do, cross-stitch requires the least amount of stuff to tear out and set up. Give me my hoop, my mini Daylite magnifier that clips to my hoop and floss and I am ready to go. Right now I am working on “Tavern Signs Too – A Needlewoman", Carriage House Samplings, 2006 . Imagine that, I am making it for myself and not for someone else. Oh I have several others started that I hope to get digital photos of and put them in an album. I need some help from my daughter with getting this up and running...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.