March 6, 2010

The George Read House - more Hearth Cooking info

This is the comment on the Hearth Cooking class from the Curator of Eduation.    I thought I'd make it a post of its own so everyone could get the info

"Anonymous said...

Wow, I must say that I love your entry on the Read House and Gardens Open Hearth Cooking Workshop! The Read House has a different menu each year and holds 3 or more workshops each winter, on select Saturdays. Information may be found on http://www.dehistory.org/ If anyone is interested in signing up for future workshops email (amilej@dehistory.org) or call me (302-322-8411) with your name and email address, and any other contact information you would like to share. Thanks for sharing our work with your blog!

Antoinette Milej
Curator of Education
Delaware Historical Society
Read House and Gardens"



I have been to classes two years in a row.   The first year we made Pies and Puddings.   But these were not the kind of pies you think.   They were meat pies and they were delicous.   With some adaptations for the modern oven, the chicken pie we made has become a family favorite.
This year the theme was of a dutch and swedish variety and equally delicious.   I have already made one of the recipes for my family.  Next year - tentative - they are taking about "Philadelphia Fare" so all things Philadelphian.   I say bring on the Philadelphia Cream Cheesecake!  See the post from last week on Hearth Cooking for more photos!

2 comments:

  1. omg, I would LOVE to do a Philadelphia-fare class with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info! I may just try to make it to one of these events!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.