October 30, 2011

Goodwill Find


I forgot to share this find I picked up a Goodwill a few weeks back when I dropped off mega boxes.   I love the sunlight through stained glass.  For now, it is hanging in my dining room.

This one is actually three tansom style windows I did and later had mounted in one frame.   It hangs in the upstairs powder room.  Now I have a reminder front and center to press and rehang the cafe curtains I washed a few weeks back and threw into the ironing basket.  Depending on the time of day the sunlight will cast sparkling colors all the way down the stairs and into the living room.

Sorry to show the toilet but I just love the splashes of color that travel with the moving sun.


Here's another.   This one my dad made so it is special.   I helped him create the design and he did in the 1980's.   Again in a bathroom. Not as much sparkle happening with this one.

And last, the first piece I made.   Not in the bathroom but in the laundry room.  Turquoise is my favorite color.  I really hope to be able to get back to my stained glass work when things slow down from my volunteer work (???) or when I retire.   I have a S.T.A.B.L.E. stash of glass to keep me going for awhile.   Working with glass, you only get better with practice and I am way out of practice.   Maybe during the long winter nights I can pick it up again.   Right! like that's going to happen.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Goodwill find!!!!! I should send you a picture of the dragonfly you made for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stained glass pieces are gorgeous! The sunlight coming through is beautiful toilet or not :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your stained glass ~ so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.