In no particular order - I finished Tequila Sunrise, a canvas piece by Laura Perin. It was first canvas piece I did and was part of a EGA SAL at my guild. I am not really sure what I will do with it. It is not my colors or taste but it was the technique I went for.
My next finish is a little embroidery piece. This kit I picked up at the Homestead in Dresden OH when I went on a bus trip to Longaberger about 5 years ago. I tossed it aside because the piece was not squared on the muslin and I got all dejected. Then when I came across when sorting out all my WIP's, I figured, what the hey! I can make it into a polllow and all will be well. I even snagged a few fat quarters at a quilt shop that we stopped in on our way home and think I found a good one to use for finishing.
|A Basket of Blooms|
|The Fat Quarters I didn't need but.......|
|I wish I had been able to complete more prep work before I left for the weekend but alas.....the more important step was taken.......the step of bravery to attempt the finish on my own!|
|Sorry for the sideways pic|
|Here are the plastic templates you use and re-use|
|Covering and joining these took about an hour and I can do this while riding in the car.|
|Here's the back of the above. Once all sides are stitched to another, you pop out the template and cover and use again.|
|Oops! I guess we need to stand on our heads to read the words.|