Friday, June 14, 2013

Want to come along?

I think I want to do something totally useless......I think I want to fold up that to-do list and shove it in the junk drawer.    I think I want to pack my little cooler with some waters and fruit and am  taking a road trip for the day.  No more to-do list.    Some bubble gum for the brain.  Some well earned down time.  I decided I am getting in my car bright and early in Saturday morning and heading out......stopping at Wawa for a special coffee. Where I am heading, not sure but I bet I will stop at each and every neat looking consignment shop and antique shop.   I have a feeling the beach will be involved as I feel that tug of the ocean.   Sunroof open, music blaring then walking on the boards enjoying the sounds and smells of the ocean.  A good lunch at a neat deli or bistro or just boardwalk junk food.  And perhaps I will take along some stitching to sit on the boardwalk and put a few XXX's in.    Want to join me?   Got room for 3 or 4 four to hop on it.  Hurry up Saturday

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to come but I guess you don't have time to make a 12 hour drive here. Oh that sounds wonderful. We need to make a get away half way for both of us. Grab the girls and plan a trip.

Diane in TN

Magical Mysterytour said...

Sounds like heaven to me! I'd tag along but my body is letting me know in no uncertain terms that a day spent doing absolutely nothing is in order so I think I'll spend the day in the sun in my garden if it decides to show up :)

Catherine said...

Sounds like a blast! I'll be at the baseball fields ~ so please put in a few stitches for me!

Terri said...

Wish I lived close enough to join you! Have fun!!

Angela CG said...

I would love to join the fun but I am a litte too far (TX). Have a butter roll for me.

I didn't realize until just now how much I missed having my coffee and butter roll in the morning on the way to work.

~Narita said...

OH! How fun!!!!

Tomorrow is my stitching groups monthly get together, but lets go together another day!!!!

:) I wish. Sounds super fun.
I live on the coast, too. Love it here.

Anna van Schurman said...

I always just want to "go for a drive" but my husband always thinks there should be a destination. And he never stops at "junk shops." Too bad I have to be at my sister's to feed her dogs at a specified time on Saturday. I'd totally take the ride with you. (Don't tell my dermatologist the roof will be down, though.)

Penny said...

This sounds like the kind of trip I dream about! Have a wonderful time! :)