August 17, 2014

I can't believe summer is coming to an end!

Granted, I have not had much of a summer between overtime and coordinating contractors and my own home improvement projects.....but as I sit and plan my email about our Annual Labor Day picnic I see the end is looming.

About a dozen years ago what started as my daughter and son-in-law for crabs and beer for the Labor Day Weekend has blossomed into their friends and their friends kids, and my daughter from Boston and her friends and my son and his family and his friends!  It will be a great weekend long of fun and family and good food and laughter but it is the signal that it is the end of summer.

As for work, the second round of interrogatories have arrived and work is ramping up again.   Thankfully fewer questions arrived this round albeit a nasty 12 day turnaround instead of 28 days.

That said, still again, not much stitching going on.    Here's my limited progress on Penny America as well as progress on A Little Quakereques from Blue Ribbon Designs.   I started this as one of those crazy January challenges as couple of years ago when you start a new project every day for the first 15 days.....yeh, right, it gave me 15 WIP's!   Sorry for the wrinkles on both......

Since finishing Grace Mason, I vowed to work on cleaning up a couple of WIP's before starting anything new.   Let's see how long I stick with that resolve before something temps me to stray yet again.


















As for Mr. Wonderful, he arrived home last Sunday night after 8 weeks on the road.  Every year when he returns he vows he will never go again.   I get it, I did the modified tour two different years and it gets old living out of a suitcase, sleeping on a gym floor and showering in high school locker rooms with 50 of your closest friends!  This year, he is ready to go again next year.   Must have been a good tour!   His group, The Jersey Surf, finished as 22nd in the world out of over forty groups.   A couple of years ago, Drum Corp International ("DCI") realigned the divisions combining them.  That kind of put his group, equivalent to Division AAA Baseball in the big leagues so the group is happy to have finished in the middle of the pack.   DCI did honor Mr. W. as Volunteer of the Year.   In their presentation they totaled all the miles from last fourteen years and it was well over 100,000 volunteer miles driven!  He downplayed it but I think it is pretty cool.


6 comments:

  1. Your WIPs look wonderful and both look pretty close to completion to me! I see a new start in your near future!! Congrats to your husband on his success and his award. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. You finished Grace Mason??! Did I miss the picture? Congrats on the finish, and entry for the guild UFO challenge. Maybe one of those other projects will be completed during retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes the Summer goes far too fast . lovely work enjoy the last few weeks of Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful stitching my dear..
    sweet hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your WIP's and your finishes...

    You have a beautiful home...I just love your Living room or your Sitting Room. This is so beautiful and with the Sun Ray's coming through the windows it makes it all perfect for a stitchy or reading day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful award for Mr.W. Lovely stitching.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.