December 23, 2015

It's a boy!

Hi little guy.   We are going to have fun together.
OK, you will have indulge me here, it is my first grandchild....a grandchild that I thought would never be........ultra sound shows it is a boy, due May 2nd.   Of course, I can't see it but the technician proclaims it is a boy.   They shared the photos last week and it finally sunk in today that this is really happening.  This afternoon I dug into my hope chest and pulled out my son's baby clothes that I saved.   Wow, I can remember dressing him in each of the outfits I came across like it was yesterday.  I am sure on closer examination, they will be found to have dry rotted elastic.....I mean, they are 35 years old.    
This I can tell is a foot.

After two daughters and nieces I was thrilled to have a boy.  So much so that I could hardly wait to buy him his first flannel shirt.    
Little blue sweater set my M-in-L knitted
Yes, after pink and ruffles I was ready for a rough and tumble boy.
Dad was grinning ear to ear when he brought the super son t-shirt into the hospital.


Remember these?   The little t-shirts that snapped shut.   OMGosh from W. T. Grants no less.
I didn't realize I had packed away  so many outfits and sweaters and blankets.   They are bagged up  for delivery to State College this weekend!  

Pardon the interruption/future interruptions will occur as needed/please return to your current stitching project.

11 comments:

  1. Robin, congratulations on the upcoming grandchild. Please interrupt our stitching often. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats and you can interrupt us anytime especially with such exciting news. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on that new grandbaby boy! Each one is so special! Number 6 is on the way for me in April and he will be so welcomed too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations how wonderful.
    I have my 7th GGB arriving in 3 weeks it's a boy too.
    Your first Grandbaby is such a wonderful moment enjoy every moment. Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Robin!!! You will love the wonderful world of grand parenting!!! What a fabulous Christmas present!!! Merry, Merry!
    Stasi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww... congratulations and Merry Christmas! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So exciting, Robin! My son, who is nearly 30, had a lone site very similar to the baseball one you kept. That brought back memories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! what a joy! Congrats to the happy parents and to the grandparents!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the first grandchild! I have 5, 3 boys and 2 girls, and they are SO much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the upcoming arrival of your grandson! I only have one grandchild and it is a boy and he brings lots of joy to my world; I only hope the same happens for you. I was thinking if the clothes are not in good condition maybe you can salvage sections of them and make a baby quilt for his arrival? Look forward to seeing your updates on this ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.