December 28, 2015

It's a Wrap



Well 2015 is winding down.  Family, good  friends, good times and good fortune are my memories.   As 2015 comes to a close, I am wrapping up the completion of my EGA project, Pining to Stitch.   This has been such an enjoyable project.   Each piece small enough to be super manageable....that is until the Needlebook.   This last piece is a bit more challenging and requires more attention and counting.   I am ahead of schedule as far as the guild schedule on this project.  I haven't decided if I will start the finishing or wait until we do it as a group in May and June













So my first project for 2016 will be the completion of this puppy.


My pledge for 2016 - not necessarily a 'resolution' - but I do hope to work on the basket of stitched projects to turn them into finished projects.   I'd like to do one a month but will consider it a win if I manage six completed in 12 months! Not necessarily setting the bar low, just not wanting to overwhelm or pressure myself.   That's my story.  Anyway,  it is an expansion of my pledge to myself to work from my stash rather than adding to my stash.  Lord knows I don't need anyone going through my craft room when I die and saying "what in THE hell was she doing with all this".....I mean, my cohorts in stitching get it; my spouse surely would not.  I do sometimes see dollar signs when I look at the rings and rings of WDW and GAST floss I have and think egads woman! I guess it really is a New Year's Resolution just by another name.

A couple of more quick finished to round out the year are what I am guessing are two pin pillows.


The first was a quick stitch I picked up at my LQS some time ago.   The ladies were clever to add everything - floss, trim, pre-cut fabric and package these up for a quick sew.   I stitched this at my son's house over the holiday's.   You know how it is....you need something to stitch but nothing beats the light and stitching chair you are used to at home so you grab something little and manageable.   This was a great remedy to pull out of my stash and take with me.

This next finish is from my EGA Chapter, The Lamplighters.   It again was complete with all the materials and patterns provided.  It was nostalgic to work on crewel work.    I know it is what I started on all those years ago.    Remember those "Jiffy Stitchery" patterns from Grants and Woolworths?    Just needed to resist the urge to put the wool in my month like I do with floss when threading the needle.  Working on different stitches was fun.


I have to say, my EGA Chapter has stepped it up the since last April or so with more interesting meetings, some new members and members are actually staying to stitch.  (Kudos to you Karen and our Board!)
Pardon the wrinkles.   I just arrived home from 5 hours in the car traveling from my son's.......and it was to a  sink full of dishes and ANTS on my counter that I had to remedy.   Mr. Wonderful was not so wonderful at being a bachelor.  At this point,  I'd rather play with my computer and stitching then drag out the iron and ironing board so you get wrinkles.
I am sure I can find some coordinating fabric in my stash to stitch this up as a pin 
pillow as well.  Maybe I can even do that before my next EGA meeting in January.

Hope you are all well and enjoying/enjoyed a fantastic holiday season.

Wishing you a happy, heathy, prosperous and stitch-filled New Year.

X's and O's to everyone.

5 comments:

  1. The Pining to Stitch is shaping up nicely- can't wait to see the finished set. I too remember the "crewel" phase many years ago--did a number of Elsa Williams designs.
    Happy New Year!
    Stasi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your needlebook is looking super. Very cool projects you worked on while at your son's! Sorry you came home to ants though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your needle book. I stitched up a forget-me -not one for a friend years ago. The are so lovely finished. Must make one for me :) Happy Stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely stitching and good luck with your goal for 2016. I think many of our spouses find it difficult to understand our need for stash!

    ReplyDelete

  5. I love all your stitching all looks wonderful .
    Yes I need to cut way down this year , when I am gone my poor family would faint seeing all my sewing stash and would have to get more than a couple of vans in ha.
    I don't really know how it got to be so much in my craft room .
    Wishing you a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.