April 22, 2017

It's that time again

Springtime and yard work.   I made some great progress on weeding flower beds and prepping my vegetable garden but there is so much more to do.   Our weather continues to see-saw between unseasonably warm, rain and then cold or to use the words of the weatherman, raw.   I feel like I am ahead of schedule as far as the gardens are concerned but could easily fall behind schedule if the weather does not cooperate!  So wonderful to see everything greening up.

Because I have been spending time in the yard and the gardens, stitching does suffer.  Alas, today is check in day for my FB SAL and I have failed to reach the bar.   No worries, I am not stressing it.   I am close and of course, I got tired of stitching the blackwork row and jumped ahead to the Assisi work.

I have four more of what I refer to as the 'fuchsia' flowers to complete.   The schedule was quite lenient and there is no reason that I didn't finished except that I lost interest in the first row.

 I have also put in a lot of stitches in my Mon Ami pattern.   I can actually see a finish in my future on this piece......which has languished in my workbasket for several years.   This is how far I was when I picked this back up in January.  I really look forward to completing the stitching and then finished this.  I will need to get some silk dupioni for the lining.


Next on my list, I plan to attack Uncle Sam and finish him up.......maybe by the 4th of July and maybe not.....I remind myself this is my enjoyment and not my stressor!

Thanks for stopping by and happy stitching one and all.

4 comments:

  1. The blackwork band is gorgeous, but yikes...all that solid stitching in the second row. Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your WIPs are looking good. You are so right about the stitching being your enjoyment. Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wowwwwwwwwwww beautiful stitching.
    love and smiles x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin: I am with you about stitching not being a stressor, I enjoy stitching, if I get it done in a timely manner okay but will sometimes let it go and do some beading.
    Love the MonAmi Design so pretty, I love Dupioni silk, so beautiful to touch and gives such a rich look to a piece, a little progress is better then no progress.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.