June 27, 2017

Another quick, drive by of a post

Will was here this weekend and I know why we have children when we are young.   OMGosh, boundless energy!  I took fewer pix of him this time because he only sat still to eat!  So scroll on past my indulgence of baby pix if you must.

 He is so happy he is learning to use a spoon.

 He is not quite sure what to make of the Popsicle.

 But was quite pleased with himself closing the laundry room door.

As promised, some yard photos.    Here we are in the spring after I removed yet another section of ivy.   This time about a 12 by 20 foot area.  I think I have finally removed all I care to....but then again ....that could change.


 Here is after I hired the local landscaping to surround by securing 6 by 6's and add the stone.
It is a favorite spot for early morning coffee or early evening coffee or glass of wine.  Even Mr. W. is happy.   (Why does he have to doubt my vision!)


My veggies are coming in nice.   I have a couple kinds of lettuce and peppers, cucumbers, spinach, beets, beans, tomatoes and brussel spouts!


 I have been spending so much time in the yard and pool and day trips that it has left little time for stitching.

Most recently I spent the day at Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square, PA.  The estate and vision of Alfred I. duPont.   It is beautiful gardens and fountains and a conservatory that is second to none.  I enjoyed it so much I think I will sign up for a membership.  Below, the Italian Water Garden, built in the 1920's.   Just like the way I used to cut my grass......ha ha

 Well, we are not too good on selfies.....but GayLynn and I had the best time.







This was a very interesting plant.  Such brilliant colors.



 The lily pads the size of a hula hoop always fascinate.

Crazy,  bonsai that was started in 1908!  It may look normal size but was only about 24 -28 inches tall.

duPont traveled around the world to visit fountains and gardens in England and Europe before designing his garden.  Such foresight and imagination and passion this man had.

 I did manage a bit of stitching and to finish  mon ami pierre design just this morning.   I am so glad to check off another 2017 Challenge piece.  I started this about 9 years ago and then stopped....for no reason....something else came along and lured me away.

I am planning a stay-cation next week and my daughters will be joining me.   We have great plans for lots of crafting, sewing, quilting, pool time, good food and laughter.   I really have a long list of finishes I want to get done and this is one of them.

I've already pulled the threads to create my cutting line.

Now I must pick another take-a-long project to work on but after I head outside to work on my secret summer garden project.

Happy stitching all and thanks for stopping by.....

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your finish! It is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing the pictures of Will, your yard and your adventure to Longwood Gardens. Enjoy your staycation.

    ReplyDelete

  2. I so enjoyed your photos , such beautiful gardens , lovely stitching .
    And a happy family , enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your yard and those gardens are beautiful... but, the pic of Will in your blog header steals the show! So cute! :-) Enjoy your staycation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Robin: Will is so cute what a little cutie.
    Love the outdoor photos.
    That Sampler is stunning.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.