June 5, 2009

Girl's weekend

YaHoo! Time to de-stress again. Leaving this morning with my bestest girl friend for a long weekend in upstate PA at a B&B. I have been stressing over not being able to get everything done and came to the very sad realization.....that cross stitching was coming first.

Oh, I know is sounds like sacrilege and it is sacrilege but really.....house wasn't getting cleaned, paperwork wasn't getting done, etc. And for me, I get all wonky inside and out of sorts because of what is not getting done. All those tasks hanging over my head get me stressed.

I just couldn't understand why I never seemed I had enough time to get things done. I used to. I first blamed it on being new to Facebook and they sucking the life out of me. So I backed off with the pledge to only log in once a week and then for no more than an hour. hmmm, still struggling to get things done. Now, yard work, that's a different story. I have not fallen behind on that because I love being outside all weekend long. Power washing and painting the desk are another story.

So, what was I doing wrong. I couldn't figure it out. I was after all getting a lot of cross stitch done. hmmm, what do you think.....I have been spending 2 - 3 hours a day cross stitching....every free minute......rushing to get a shower and get to work in the morning. Doesn't really matter if you get up at 5:30 if you sit stitching until 7 and then have to rush to get to work.

I so desperately don't want to fall behind in the SAL that I am actually a month ahead. Now that is some stitching. So I know it is a sacrifice but I need to go back to what I used to tell my kids all the time....do your have to's before your want to's. And I just may get an added benefit......those 5 or 6 pounds (realty check 15 - 20 lbs.)I want to lose may actually start coming off if I have more movement in my life than it takes to pull thread through fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.