October 24, 2009

I'm off to work

Yes it is a Saturday and I am (supposed) to be a M-F/9 to 5er.   Now that's a hoot.   Anyway, off to work today is all on me.   The past couple of months I have reigned in the extra hours but alas the work backs up.  Somedays I feel like a ball in a pinball machine bouncing about and not really doing a heck of a lot.  This week has been a series of those days.   I figure I can get three days worth of work done on a Saturday morning because I will be there only one there!!!    That pile of undone items prays on me  and starts to seep into my senses and gets me down.   So before I start to freak out about it, in I will go.   This is a triple play though for me.......I need to take my Jeannette Douglas Pineapple stitches to the


framer.   This is not the best picture but it is what I have as my desktop background on my laptop.   I completed it almost two years ago, rolled it in tissue paper and put is with the other completed but not finished pieces.  I had it with me yesterday and intended to stop in on my lunch hour but stuff came up.   It wasn't a big deal to delay my trip one more day after 22 months!   I will also be doing some stash enhancement today.   Criss Cross Row, internet shop, is having a sidewalk sale at a local yarn shop.  Unfortunately Martha C. who ran that shop has decided it is time to close.  This was my motivation a few weeks back to sort and organize my stash and make my spreadsheet of fabrics needed.     The past few years for Martha C. have been filled with her husband's illness and passing.   If not from Criss Cross Row, you may know her from The (successful) Academy of Needlework event she held in Newark DE a couple of years back.   My guild, Delaware Valley Historical Sampler, which she is one of the founders, keeps the members informed on her status.   Anyway, I will be heading there after I leave work to stock up on fabrics, fibers and the like.   I will make sure I pick up items for my Blogoversary give away that is coming up and for the PIF I have posted.  After shopping, an early dinner with my sister and brother for his birthday......then home to stitch away the evening and play and fiddle with my new purchases.    PS.  I have one finish this week that I will post tomorrow and maybe if I am good tonight, I will have two to post tomorrow!!!

2 comments:

  1. The Pineapple piece is lovely! Good for you deciding it was about time to do something with it. I have a pile of pieces I should do something with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is going to look gorgeous framed, can't wait to see it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.