- Hung blinds behind the curtains
- Hemmed and hung curtains still need to cover the pillows with the remaining curtain panels but liking the potential of the look of my guest room
- Finished graduation sampler, mounted, framed, wrapped and presented and never photographed - Heather send me one!
- Finished hand addressing and mailed wedding invitations
- Finished wedding sampler - wishful thinking, but I am sew sew close!
Finished one set of Board minutes
- Completed two sets of sub-Committee minutes
- Finished flower girl bag - I already posted this but it was a July finish and on the to do list
- Placed Stampin Up Order for thank you notes and shower favors -received in mail yesterday! 7/8
- Finished fundraiser meetings re-cap notes and emailed to all
- Emailed reminders to all for next committee meeting
- Reconciled two months of organizational bank statements
- Completed Treasurer's Report for this week's Board meeting
- Completed and submitted to County the Music Around the County financial report
- Made returns to Macy's
- Trip to Joanne's for notions and do-dads and decors for my Ice Cream Social
- Trip to Costco for tons of supplies for Ice Cream Social
- Bought and installed a window a/c unit for my son who's central a/c is broken His bedroom was 97.9
- Bought birthday present(s)
- Bought shower present(s)
- Finished financial report for grant series and email to Cultural and Heritage Director and subsequent revisions!
- Cat to the vet - now that was fun
- Did inventory of supplies at Y and made shopping list for next weekend's fundraiser
- Purchased bags for wedding favors
- Made sure I continued my workouts in my new regime and Y membership - 3 times per week happy to report! and happy to report I won two tickets to thelocal Triple A team and baseball cap because I logged the most miles in June! This is so funny....I am about the most unfit person there is. I think the others must not have signed up and started logging their info yet. lol (This is Penny and I at work after we got our tickets. I am the chubbier on the left!)
- And had cookouts and guests off and on all weekend
- but the best thing on the list........bought new bras! and the 'girls' are happy!
Seriously, I am feeling a lot less pressure since I have gotten my paperwork up to date. I get all freaky when things piled up like they have recently and when I see no way to get them all accomplished. Thank heavens for a 3-day weekend! I took that list and priorized with A's-have to's and deadlined items/ B's-semi important and not as deadline oriented/ and C's - want to do's and nice to haves! I spent July 5th on the deck in the shade, listening to the waterfall and the birds......with my laptop plugged in and my fingers typing away at committee reports, treasurer's reports, meeting minutes.......a trade off but the weight has been lifted. As with so many of us Type A's, that list is still long but somewhat more manageable!
Update: Or so I thought... There is an engineering prinicpal, Archimedies Principal, which means as soon as one thing is removed, that empty space is quickly filled with another. I am sure the actual principal is more involved in it's explanation but the end result is the same......So in honor of Archimedies at this week's Board Meeting no sooner had I gave all my reports that all ticked and tied nicely I might add! I was handed the grant packet with the info that we need to complete the grant ap by September 1. With a wedding on August 27th this is going to be tough!!! It is no wonder I am always tired. I really think I have some sort of PSD or something! Please someone make me sit on my hand so my arm does not go up when a volunteer is needed or please please please make me not be mute and provide me with the ability to speak and say "no".
After our staging tonight for our annual fundraiser on Saturday - I plan to stitch but fear I will fall fast asleep in the upright position before the needle and fabric meet too many times. Or maybe I will add pix to this post of some of my accomplishments. Maybe my boss will let me out early today in light of the heatwave...............I think I need to retire to be able to get to all I want. I have a post it on my calendar at work - 131 months til retirement! I started at 136 so 131 looks good!
How do the rest of you get it all done? I sure would like some hints and clues as to what I am not doing right!!!! Am I overextended or not a fast worker? hmmm, there's a thought-- Mr. Wonderful doesn't call me Side Track Robin for nothing!
Thanks for listening to my rant. It is somehow therpeutic to let all the stress and tension flow out of your body threw your arms, the hand and fingers and onto the keyboard.