October 19, 2010

Check it out

Here's my progress on my Primitive Needle "Live Simply".   Originally I intended not to include the alphabet however.......I needed to stitch a bit more to make it fit the store bought frame.   I did these letters yesterday during lunch.   I often sit in my car to stitch at lunch and yesterday the warm sun felt so good.   It really does 'center' me and bring that blood pressure down to get away from the phones for a few minutes.   Besides, I work with non-stitchers and they don't get it......and probably never will and that's OK. 

I am on a current path of self-framing rather than paying an arm and a leg for framing and    I hope to finish this up this week and frame it this weekend.    Pardon the wrinkles.   I prefer to work in hand and it does make for a wrinkly bit of linen.   I love the colors and have picked up a plain black frame that I hope to paint blue and then distress it a bit to have the black show through.  

 
Also check out http://www.dixiesamplardesigns.com/.   She is having great give-a-way!

I found a great new blog if you like rustic and primitive style stitching.   It is Country Rustic Primitives.   She has a link in her sidebar to "PatternMart" which  look like an easy way to purchase patterns.   This blog was recommended by The Sampler Girl and I found it when I was doing my morning blog-hopping!

Now a quick half hour of stitching before I shower, hit the grocery store for treats, and head to work for a day of training on new software............let's hope I don't glaze over too early into the presentation.  lol   Have a great, albeit wet, day all!!!!

9 comments:

  1. lovely progress, what are week dye works threads like to stitch with?

    i have ordered lizzie kates 'christmas rules' and i was going to use dmc threads but it says to use those, and there not cheap here, so not sure what to do

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this pattern and I'm glad you included the alphabet. I almost pulled this one out for a new start this past week. Maybe after my current wip.....

    Congrats on an almost finish! (Isn't self framing so satisfying?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress Robin! When I was stitching this, I wasn't going to do the alphabet either, but then found myself doing it anyway! Good luck on your framining! If you need help, I'm not that far away and I'm close to Dansko!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this piece...can't wait to see it framed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I have this in my mountain of projects to start someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sentiment on your cross-stitch project, and I know what you mean when you say people don't "get it" about how wonderful it is to craft, I have three sisters and they all consider me quite strange, I have tried to convert them, but to no avail. Lovely blog, by the way.
    florrie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful progress on a lovely chart, Robin! The colors are luscious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful thread colours. Stitching is looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.