October 3, 2010

This one's for Stacy

Quick re-cap of my retreat.....this is the 3rd time I have joined the members of my needlework quild for a 3-day weekend in Ocean City, Maryland.   We stay at the Lankford Hotel in OCMD and it just happens to be connected to Salty Yarns Cross Stitch store.   Hotel Owners/Operators are also Salty Yarns Owners/Operators and we are so catered to during our stay by these fellow stitchers.

So, for Stacy, since I packed up the trunk of the car before she could get a look at my bootey here's a sneak peek of my stuff.

But first......this is my new start for this weekend.   WOW!  Another quick stitch and I am loving these quick stitches.  They are taking me back to LOVING cross stitch.   This is from the Primitive Needle and called Live Simply.  Shouldn't we all just Live Simply?? I had the pattern in my stash so I  picked up the WDW floss on my first trip around the store when I arrived on Friday.....

In addition to getting some stitching done.......I did a bit of reading of my current read - The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo.   It is getting interesting!!!!

On the way down to OCMD, we took a detour to a quilt/fabric shop....Serendipity Quilts and of course I picked up some fat quarters to add to my stash along with this pattern for a table runner....

and, just because this one has spools of thread.  I'll have to make some sort of stitching accessory with it....

and these two for the cute little "runaround bag"

So fast forward to when we arrived and we got a little 'welcome gift' - Just Nan's Hagatha's Hat!  Mine is purple and the fabric is  WDW Peoria Purple is in the bag.

Since my nearby stores don't carry cross stitch magazines, I picked up the Christmas edition of Just Cross Stitch....something to ooh and ahh over in the weeks to come.

On my wish list before I went was Blue Ribbon Designs - Blessed Beyond Measure.  This is the one thing I knew I was wanted to come home with.  I love the fact Belinda includes 5 designs to choose from for the outside sleeve.   Being a quilter, I love the lucite ruler.  What a handy little stitching accessory.  I know in addition to one going in my bag, at least four or five other ladies were taking this one home too.

I just couldn't live without this one.   It was done up and on the counter near the check out area.   There were a couple in the series and they were completed and are mounted in shadow boxes.   All the little embellishments/adornments came with the kit.   I think I will mix some mono-filament in with my floss on Mr. Bones bones to give it an edge!

This from Pine Mountain! is another quick stitch.  These awesome little all-in-ones.   There is one for each month and I can see them in my future!!!

and of course some other embellishments and needles

8 comments:

  1. WOW! What a haul of great stuff!!!
    And your live simply is simply wonderful! And yes, I think we all should take that advice :)
    Thanks for sharing your great weekend with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stash Robin! Blessed Beyond Measure flew out of our shop too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Talk about getting some great stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new start - I did this last year and found it a relaxing piece.

    Great new goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked seeing your stuff too! Didn't we have a nice time? I'm already looking forward to May's retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice haul, Robin! One of these days, I'll get the chance to join all of you.

    Just finished The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larson and liked it even better than the first one in the series. I have the third one loaded on my I-touch, but am going to put off listening to it for awhile since I don't want this series to end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow Robin can I come stay at your house, I just love all your new stash. I;m sooo jealous you have the purple Just Nan hat.
    I'm also reading the Girl with the dragon tattoo. I thought the beginning was a bit slow but I am getting into it now.
    Happy Stitching! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Halloween Stitch and you did good, girl, on your stash enhancement. Hope you enjoyed your weekend to the max! I am only a few weeks away from a retreat weekend with my best friend and can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.