May 24, 2011

Stash Enhancement, Oh My!

Back from  retreat and so sorry that it was over so quickly.  It was another great weekend at the Lankford Hotel and Salty Yarns in OCMD.   As always, co-workers don't get it.   They can't get that sitting in big white rockers on the front porch of a boardwalk hotel is enjoyable.   They want noise and loud music and action and hoopla.   Well let me tell you, sitting with friends, chatting, laughing and stitching is FUN for our types.   My life is so hectic with every minute planned that I look so forward to the no stress/no schedule/no fuss/no high heels and pantyhose weekend.   Heck, I didn't even put makeup most of the weekend.  The only drawback was it was cruiser weekend and the hot rods with their split manifolds were reving engines to the wee hours. And then there was the car parade on the boardwalk at 7:30 in the morning.   It was over an hour of cars driving by.  Some of them were real beauties.

So to the stash enhancment. Well I did it again. I vowed not to add to my pile of leaflets and projects that I will need two lifetimes to complete and came away with stash totaling into the 3 digits. Yikes!

This one fascinated me.  Can't wait to do it. And it includes the wooden base.

Picked up these little pretties just because.

and this....


and these.....

and this....

OMG! and this.....

and thought this was cute for Easter....

  I had only ONE thing on my shopping list and didn't find it in the shop.  That is until it was time to check out and as I waited inline, it hopped on in my bag. 
This is the only thing on my shopping list! I can't wait to start this one too!!!
 It is good to know that we have a "stash re-distribution" event at our next guild meeting.   I need to re-evaluate my stash and see if I can pare it down at the meeting.   Hopefully, I will not enhance it!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great time! I keep looking at possibly going to that retreat and something always seems to come up. Salty Yarns does have great stuff though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robyn,
    Thanks for the fantastic weekend. I had a great time even though we were stitching with very little sleep. You know misery loves company so I am soooo glad you managed to fill up your little bag. Mine filled up too. Just got home this afternoon and while unpacking it was all touchy feely again with my new stuff. Thanks also for Thursday night.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.