July 20, 2013

That does it. I need a cat!

When I returned home last weekend I found find yet another animal invasion!    All my fish in my pond ARE GONE!   I texted Mr. Wonderful who was home during the week I was away.....

"Where's the fish?"  
His reply:   "A bird swooped in and got them one at a time."

Some persistent bird.  Probably the red tailed hawk seen a few weeks ago or the blue heron that was circling overhead just the weekend before last.    T


There were 10 fish that have lived in my pond for more than a decade hibernating and wintering just fine.  Even Bubba the oldest and biggest fish (no fish story - he was 10 to 12 inches long) is gone.







 

Cat shopping will commence shortly! Maybe I will get a Savannah and keep everyone in place!  Next spring it will be back to Walmart for some more hearty $1.99 goldfish.



1 comment:

  1. That is so terrible. Our fish were taken by a raccoon a few years ago and this year we lost one to a snake..creepy! Hope you find a cat soon! Dianntha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.