February 14, 2014

Update

Get well flowers from Mr. W.
A quick surgical update.    First surgery in the doctor's office went well on Tuesday and all the bad stuff was removed with the first excision.   Second surgery to repair the two removal sites was Wednesday afternoon in the hospital.  Surgery started an hour late due to a delay with an earlier procedure the surgeon had.  When my daughter and my friend from work finally got to see me about 8 p.m., Heather reported I looked like cartoon character with a tooth ache with gauze wrapped around my head...just missing the bow on top.

So Nor'easter and all, we got home the following evening.  Not like the
days of old when you would go in the hospital days before and stay for days after.   I am happy to report it is behind me.    Not too terribly much pain.  Just feels like I have been hit in the forehead with a hammer (looks more like an axe hit me!)  Back to the doctor on Monday for the staple removal and then on my way to recovery.

Remember the "must buy" snake light we all bought for our husband's tool boxes several Christmas's ago, well I got myself one just for stitching with a magnifying glass on it so I hope to be able to get some stitching in in the coming weeks.    Feels much better to just keep my eyes closed for right now.  Maybe I'll do a little stitching in small increments.



Best Nurse ever!

8 comments:

  1. Glad surgeries 1 and 2 are behind you! Keeping you in my thoughts as you go through your recovery process.

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness you probably look like you have been in the wars by the sound of things - I do hope it heals nicely and that the staples don't irritate too much - I know it will be a relief when they are taken out :)

    Rest lots and don't push stitching if your eyes don't want to - you can give yourself a blinding headache from overstraining your eyes.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you are doing so well. And you did the blog too; you're super woman!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you came thru your surgery with flying colors and hope you get back to stitching soon! Heal fast!! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Robin!
    Glad to hear that everything went well. I hope that the recovery is quick and easy. So glad that you have the best nurse and wonderful flowers to speed you along.
    That new gadget is pretty cool too.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Robin, that's great news. And I'm sure the healing process will be real fast with you being at home. All the best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's very good news. Hope you continue to recover well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like things are proceeding well, Robin!! I'm sure you're relieved the first part is behind you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.