January 24, 2016

What a difference a day makes

We weathered the storm.   Yesterday visibility did not allow me to see the end of the street. And today,

 beautiful, brilliant blue skies with the sun bright and strong.

Street plowed but not yet for the driveway



 This weather has caused some strange happenings inside......in the middle of the night.




Here's the culprit.   He's a night owl and wants to play.  He wants to go out until I open the door.   He causes my sleep pattern to be about the same as when your kids were babies and you didn't get a full nights sleep.   Last night, I took to throwing my slippers at him after he woke me three times wanting to go out out in the middle of the night.   Mr. Innocent.


 Sun is shining and the snow is melting off the roof.



  Snow has melted and dried the sidewalk we shoveled.




Crazy differences in the depths.  From grass showing to about 3 and a half feet deep in some areas.   All told, we probably got 18 to 20 inches of snow.  And me, I could have been in the Caribbean this week.


While it was snowing away, in between baking and soup making and rewatching all of the first season of Outlander, I got a lot done on My Stitching Treasures.  I deviated from my plan of completed a section at a time....got weary of back stitching the lettering.

Over one, completed.  Empty sections get charms.

Queen stitches done but need to come out.   I added a stitch to the stem and now can't get three strawberries in this block.  I'll consider it good practice.
It's all good.   It may be a suitable task for stitching night.   It would better than chatting and stitching in the wrong place.  Out it will come and in it with go......oh well, sew it goes.


8 comments:

  1. What fabulous snow pictures! We weathered the storm here and the sun is brightly shining and we are hovering around 42 compared to the mid to upper 20s during the storm. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the snow tour!!! I love the snow, but this time was a little overwhelming.

    Noticed your Martha Washington sewing cabinet--I'm lucky to have my grandmothers!

    Keep warm!

    Stasi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen snow like that in a very long time! Where I live in the UK we get very little snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful snow pictures. Stitching treasures is looking beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You got quite a bit less than we did! I agree... once and done... now bring on Spring!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr. Innocent :) that's why our pair of Mr. Innocent's are put in their basement bachelor pad at night...they can have a rip roaring party and we never know! Lol! That snow...WOW! Warmer weather us headed your way I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snow Bunny Robin: I am so sorry you are getting all our snow, it looks terrible, it is finally snowing here in Minnesota, we have had very little snow.
    However I do love your Stitching Treasures, so pretty, love the colors.
    Your little culprit looks like my little culprit, our little girl loves to push things off tables and counters just to get us up in the middle of the night.
    Stay warm and dry.


    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing those snow pictures. Mr Innocent is looking adorable and I had a good laugh about how you resolved to throw your slippers, something I can associate with my Milo, my Siamese Cat.

    Look like you made good progress with your stitching. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.