April 6, 2018

Catching up

in more ways then one......how is it sometimes you just seem to find stitching and crafting time galore and other  times you can barely eek out ten stitches in a week.   Even my lunchtime smalls have taken a hit.

All that said, I did have a fabulous visit with my grandson.   He finally has a name for me....dam mom...and it is so adorable.  Love those little boys hugs and kisses and him grabbing my finger as we walked thru the neighborhood.  As if dam mom is not cute enough, somehow “Heather” became “Fred”.  There was help from his ornery dad.   I even found a shorter route which took me through the heart of Lancaster County (which wasn’t a chore to me at all) and took almost an hour off the trek.
 I took his birthday present albeit 4 weeks early.....but I won't be out for a visit again until the end of May and well, you know toddlers, they love the boxes just as much as the presents.

 In the car, while my daughter Amy drove, I finished hand stitching a quilt binding.  It was a joy to come home and wash and dry it to have it crinkle up and get that well used look.


Here’s my lunchtime work......  One completed, one almost completed and a start to my pre-stitch for my Prim Stitchers Retreat.  It is amazing what 20 minutes here and there on these smalls can get accomplished.
Prim Stitchers Pre-work

This design is a strawberry is from Blackbird Designs.   I am considering it as the exchange piece at Prim Stitchers Retreat.  I used the called for threads but I did not get as much color variation as the sample in the book.


This next lunchtime stitch is also a Blackbird Design.   This was my first stitch idea for a retreat exchange piece but truthfully is looks a little like an alien to me.  But more important, I am not sure I can finish as nicely as the photo in the book.
 I thought it looked like a real sweet prim piece.


Not much progress to show on Corsica River but I am still plugging along and still enjoying this one. I need to make a big push to fill in the blue long armed cross and tackle the next bit of blackwork.

I have been taking the time to go all the way back to January 1st to catch up on posts from some of the blogs I follow.  Recipients of my comments must think they are in a time warp as I commenting on months' old posts.   Well....I enjoy getting the comments so I figure others enjoy comments too.....  I have seen some great projects and pretty finishes.  One more blog to catching up on and then I hope to keep current.

I am longing to get out in the yard but, what, we are expecting more snow this weekend.  3 to 6 inches.  I laugh at you Mother Nature.  I do love snow but the desire to get out in the garden is a bigger pull now.

Well that’s all I have right now......thanks for stopping by and keep on stitching.

6 comments:

  1. What lovely stitching you are doing. Enjoy your time Prim Stitchers Retreat. I would love to attend one of those. I too love BBD designs and have the Loose Feathers in rotation with my stitching. I too enjoy our time with grandchildren. Happy Stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, your grand son is adorable and I love "dam mom"--too cute! That quilt is very springy--hope it helps you think it is spring even thought the weather isn't agreeing.
    I had to LOL at the alien comment, because that is exactly what it looks like--too funny!
    I've been trying to decide on an exchange piece for the retreat too: guess I better get moving on it!
    Hope you can have a nice weekend of stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stitching .
    Nothing better than spending time with family, lovely GS .
    Enjoy your weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. A trip to visit with the kids along with a ride through PA is a double "Yay!" You have some nice smaller projects in progress....can't go wrong with Blackbird Designs! I'm with ya' when it comes to "garden ready"! Yeeesh! It will probably go from snow to H-H-H overnight someday soon! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your grandson is a cutie and I love your new blog header featuring him. Your smalls look very nice and your progress on Corsica River looks good. Oh my goodness, your quilt turned out fabulous; it is very springy. Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The little guy is getting so big!
    Love that quilt.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.