May 13, 2018

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there.    



A real quick post.  Got a long to-do list today.  

Last weekend when my daughter was here she gave me a Mother's Day gift.   She always finds the perfect gift.    This is a beautiful book of biscornus albeit entirely in french.  

Not to worry, the patterns translate to any language as do the DMC numbers listed in the key.  Looking forward to stitching one or two of these for upcoming exchanges.

I love this time of the year....home from work, don the sweats and head out to the yard.   My gardens are in great shape, all cleaned, weeded and prepped for planting.  Unfortunately, it leaves little time for stitching.  

For Halloween Quaker,  I almost have page four of six  pages complete.   Looking forward to a mid-summer finish on this one!

Below is the pre-sttiching for the Prim Stitchers Retreat I will be going to the first of June.  
Anyway, from the daily posts and excitement on their FB page, this is going to prove to be an awesome retreat.




 And then there is a bad thing.  A fellow stitcher was doing her pre-work when we were at our DVHSG retreat. So what else do I do but come home and sign up for it.    


 This for the pre-work to a class I signed up for at Stitches Unlimited in Lancaster, PA at the end of June.    I think pre-stitching for classes is a favorite of mine.   It means I will walk out of class with finished pieces.  

I will be taking this to Prim Stitchers Retreat for work on.

I know, it's crazy.  I signed up in November for Prim Stitchers Retreat and I should know by now other retreats and classes would pop up that surely would catch my eye and I would sign up for them as well.   What's a stitcher to do?   All I can say, I'm a happy stitcher!   And then, I just saw the latest class from Betsy Morgan.   Oh no! I have a feeling I will be at Salty Yarns in June of 2019!

That's all I've got for now.   EGA and a DVHSG Meetings both this week means two FB updates and two blog updates.  Good thing it is a rainy day and I won't be outside.    Hope to knock out all the computer work and do some finishing and crafting the rest of the day.    Hopefully I will have some accomplishments to share next week.

Thanks for stopping by and keep on stitching!

4 comments:

  1. Your pre-work for the PSS retreat looks great. I really like the class project by Summer House Stitche Workes. What a fabulous book your daughter gifted you! That bunny biscornu is a cute one. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day Robin! I am so impressed with all the gardening you do--is it in the 90's there like here in Richmond? Me, I coop myself up in the house and leave all the outdoor work to my hubby....luckily he isn't affected by the heat and enjoys digging in the dirt....me...not so much!
    I feel I saw that Biscournu book somewhere..it appears to have lots of great designs. What a thoughtful gift!
    All your pre-stitching is looking great; I'll look forward to seeing it all in person in a few weeks.
    Enjoy your day!
    Stasi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your Mother's day was wonderful!
    Great projects, love the Grandmas heart.
    That Biscornu book looks awesome!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got some great projects going there! I like your hoop holder....with rain in the forecast every day this week, you're going to have more stitching time than yard time... 'tis Spring! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.