October 14, 2018

Fall is upon us

We seriously went from the A/C one day to the heat the next!  Better add pulling out the fall and winter clothes to my long list of things to do today.     No rest for the weary.

I was able to put in a little stitching on my EGA challenge piece.  This year's challenge is to select four pieces you wish to work on.   They can be new starts or WIPs or even the dreaded UFO's.    Each month a number is chosen and the corresponding project is what we are to focus on for the month.

Here is where I was when I picked this back up on Friday morning.

And here is what I have added since.  I am happy with what I've gotten done.   And as I stitch, I am wondering why I put this down.   I won't put the pressure on to finish before this Halloween....

The fabric is just perfect.   It is called "murky" from Weeks Dye Works.  I finished off the row of houses and the quaker motif on the right.
Then added the "frog legs" green spot motif and started the 310-Black motif.
I also have gotten a teeny tiny bit on my class pre-stitch.   I'm getting there.   Now I have to decide if I want to stitch and finish a scissors fob for the exchange we will have during the class.


The '1621' is the year of the first Thanksgiving.

This week I have interviews to hold and something to do 3 of 5 nights but I want to try to start planning for my trip to Boston in November.  Middle daughter will turn the big 4-0 and mom said you can't celebrate a big birthday  without your family.  No. 1 daughter is going with me and we are planning a 5-day sewing frenzy.   I think I want to concentrate on doing some finishes.  I need to go through my supplies and start assembling them on my craft table while making a list of what I need before we leave.

That's it for today.  Short and sweet.  Got to clean, do laundry, paperwork, yard work and about ten other things on my list.   Ugh!  I used to say I go to work to recovery from my weekends but work has taken a turn.  I had to add to my workload covering for two employees who are out on medical leaves to the list of already covering two positions for the last 12 years.......wonder how many people they will have to hire to replace me when I leave.  Counting the days.......

6 comments:

  1. Quaker Halloween is looking great!
    Love the Murky fabric.
    Sounds like you will be very busy the rest of this month!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your retreat pre-stitch is looking good. Several gals were working on it at a retreat I attended over the weekend. Your Halloween stitch is looking super.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Halloween piece and you are right...the fabric is perfect!!! I saw a couple ladies working on that pre-stitch at SY too--looks like it'll be a great class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin: I get it about working so much when people are out on sick leave or vacation, I was a work a holic and did like you, it will take three people to replace you.
    I am in love with that fabric, beautiful color.
    Great projects I am looking forward to seeing 1621 finished.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your Halloween WIP...this is so neat and so awesome. I love it. I love the Fabric of this too. Its so pretty.

    I love your other stitching project too. I love the Design of this one.

    Have A Lovely Day

    Happy Stitching

    Linda K, Buttercup

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.