April 7, 2019

Needles are flying

And I have progress to show.   In part because I spent a day and a half stitching my heart out at retreat style stitch-in at the home of a friend.   OMGosh!  Forget about the stitching!  We ate like you wouldn't believe and it will take me two weeks to drop the pounds I put on and that we with me being very moderate with my portions and staying away from things.....but those jelly beans and desserts did me in.   Time to increase the time on the treadmill I guess.

Anyway, apart from that, I was able to get my two pieces of linen joined for the Pamela Darney sampler I will be working on.   No start date set yet for this one.  Pamela was a guest speaker at recent guild meeting.   Neat lady.  Very talented and I love her designs.   After the regular meeting I  participated in afternoon class where we learned how to join two pieces of linen for a sampler.   Not difficult, just a running stitch over and back but all the same tedious on 35 count and......when talking one sometimes drop down a thread unintentionallly  and there was the need to frog back several inches multiple times.    Glad that part is done!


I also finished this prim tulip.   It is a pre-stitch for Prim Stitchers Retreat in early May.     We are mounting it on a box lid.     I have the second pre-stitch started but not finished.   They are small so it won't be a big deal.



















I  threw out the window my whole plan of attack to stitch one letter/stitch one row for finishing the Elizabeth Pusey Sampler.   I have six letters and a bottom border to finish.   While I am really thrilled to be able to see the finishing line on this one I really want to push and get it finished by our Thursday EGA meeting.  However, the temperature is in the upper 60's and the yard is calling me.  

Maybe I can eek out a letter each morning before work.   Lord knows it won't get done in the evenings...... I hit that easy chair and must activate a 'to go sleep' button in my back-side because I am never long before falling asleep once I sit down.







Met with the contractor and plans have taken a different turn.   I got sticker shock for sure.  The estimate I was looking at - although is was as much as the entire existing 16 by 22 foot deck cost 5 years ago - was only for ONE thing....the 9 by 11 addition.  It did not include the pergola.  Time to regroup and re-evaluate and launch a different plan of attack.  Contractor has all my thoughts and questions and went off to give me a new quote.    Here's hoping.

OK, that's all I've got.  So excited to finally be getting outside and get my hands in the dirt.    We'll see how excited I am when I am bone tired this evening from all the stretching and lugging and pulling.......it will be glorious while I am at it at least!  

Thanks for stopping by and keep on stitching!

7 comments:

  1. All your projects are looking great--enjoy your gardening time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your linen is perfectly joined! It looks so good. I completely understand how you feel about the evenings after work. Some days I don't pick up a needle at all. Other days I stitch like a mad woman. I'll take it! Your sampler is looking really good!

    I wish I loved to garden. For me, it's just a yard. We live in Florida so the maintenance is year round. Maybe when I retire I'll take a bigger interest in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got the joining of the two linens finished! Your Prim Tulip looks super. You have made good progress on your sampler. Have fun digging in the dirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Progress on Elizabeth is amazing, flying needles for sure!
    I like the new sampler, haven't seen that one before.
    Oh to be working outside, we are in for a rainy week so that
    takes care of that for me. Hope you were able to get a lot done outside.
    Have a great week.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see what is stitched on that split linen.
    The sampler is beautiful, good luck with finishing it!
    I too, have had the clean-up outside bug this past week, got a lot done.
    That happens to me too, if I sit down in the evening on the couch, I immediately fall asleep!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ya' know....I've always wondered exactly how to join two pieces of linen (and keep it neat). You're making wonderful progress on your projects! Contractor stuff is through the roof... i think a few too many hurricanes sent the cost of lumber through the roof...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robin: The Sampler is beautiful, I love the colors.
    I have never seen joining done like that I like it neat and a perfect finish.
    I love retreats one day or a few days its always fun to get away for the day.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.