July 25, 2019

Humble Pie


Hot! This is the water temperature on Saturday afternoon!
I often reread my posts to remind myself of what I posted and what I need to follow up.   Well, I guess karma is bitch as they say......way to brag about a pristine yard a couple of posts back and now my haughty words don't taste so  good.......rain, rain and more rain, heat, heat and record heat and then a minor little mole removed and stitches with instructions for no yard work (because of the bending and lifting and sweating) until the stitches came out.    My yard is in desperate need of some TLC!   Dag nabbet! Stitches came out Monday and now I have a summer head cold.    It's all good, just a little pot hole in the road of my summer time.    Enough, woe is me, let's get to catching up and getting crafty.

I had great visit from William last weekend.  Just love watching the world through his little eyes.   Love how he calls  his uncle Steve - Steam instead of Steve.  Love that he can say Grand mom but I am still his Dam-ma.  We were in the middle of a massive heat wave and spent a lot of time in the pool.     But wait, when all were told to stay  in AC, we went hiking!   OMGosh, I really questioned my sanity when we loaded up the car and headed to Brandywine State Park.  A mile and 3/4's in, wading in the creek and then a walk out really wasn't bad.   It was an easy 15 degrees cooler in the canopy of the trees.  Wading in the cool creek water was a plus especially with a little guy that loves everything water.  When it was time for them to leave on Sunday evening, he was reduced to the biggest puddle of tears when he realized I wasn't going with him.   I don't think I have every seen such big tears.  He told his daddy his daddy was not his friend anymore.   And when they said they had to get home for his step-brother and their dog, there was a pathetic.....but I LOVE her.  

When is was time to leave, he took his clothes off and ran up the stairs.
.......just when I don't think I could be anymore in love with this little guy.    So blessed that we are able to travel back and forth for visits and use Face Time in between.  Next visit, end of August.


As for my for projects, I have finished up Hooray for the Red, White and Blue.    I have "placed" it in the frame but am not sure if I want to do something different with it.  

I am close to finishing Patriotic Poppies from With Thy Needle and Thread.   Problem here is working on the large count, it is eating up the thread like crazy.   I ran out of GA Endive.   I will first pull my ring of fancy flosses to see if I have something that is close and try to use up my stash.  If not I guess it is time to go to the LNS.     Plan is to make this into a pillow.  It's not the only project I have ready to turn into a pillow so I  need to get my machine stitching back on.  


With William here last week, the sewing machine got put away.   I had been on a great tear with my cutting mat set up on the dining room table.   I could take 20 minutes in the morning,  cut or seam pieces, and another 20 minutes at night and BAM!  I'd have a lot to show in one week with little effort.   If I have to pick between the sewing machine and the treadmill, hands down, the sewing machine wins.  

And I have been kind of happy with myself for all the projects I have moved from WIP's to finishes in the last year and gave myself permission to make a new start!    In true Jersey Girl fashion, we Jersey Girls are doing it as a SAL.   I think there are 5 of us starting it today!   I had to order 5 skeins of GA Cranberry that has not yet arrived so I started on the white.     It is called Sampler Santa from The Needle's Notion.

Thanks all I've got for now.....I think I am returning to the couch and a box of tissues.    Ugh, summer colds.  Thanks for stopping by and keep on stitching.

8 comments:

  1. Wow is Will growing up, love the pool pic, but the pic on the stairs lol,he means business. Adventures with dam-ma are the best. Love the Hooray Red, white and blue that really came out nice. You have accomplished so much this year. And some Mucinex D will get you off the couch and into the yard.
    So glad the stitches are out and hope you feel better.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, you're not feeling well, Robin, but hope you're on the mend soon and back to your beloved gardening. Don't these grand kids tug at your heartstrings so? Thank goodness for Face Time and Skype when you have sweet ones that live away!
    Your pieces look fabulous and I love that Santa!!! I have him in my stash and recently saw Lynne's posted...I'll be following your progress.
    Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling back to normal soon! Summer colds are a nuisance. I love reading your William stories. He is a cutie for sure. Nice start on the Santa! Congratulations on getting your patriotic blue finished! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new stitching projects looking wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. William is too cute, he sure loves his Grandma.
    Red, white & blue looks great.
    What a cute SAL with Santa.
    Hope you feel better soon & can get back outside in the yard!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the post. And love Will. You are a lucky Dan-ma!!Starting Santa with you gal!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robin: He is adorable, William looks like a load of fun.
    I am loving the new SAL, I have never seen this design before.
    Red White and Blue is beautiful.
    I love seeing what other stitcher's are working on.
    Thank-you for sharing.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.