October 27, 2019

Retail Therapy

Lots to share but I'm going to do it over a few posts.   I spent a week at my son's helping with babysitting when they were in a bind.....more on those antics later.     I set my ride home to pass through Strasburg PA planning a stop at Hodge Podge Cross stitch store.   It is not what I consider my LNS but it is closer than OCMD and I love any excuse to travel in the Lancaster County area.  It has been a couple of years since I have been to Hodge Podge and wow have they every increased their inventory!   They even had the new Sullivan Ball Point needles that I love.   So I did a bit of shopping and bought things I had no business buying.   When they have so many models stitched and displayed it is hard not to add them to a pile I was creating on the counter.  They were too cute and I used the "I am supporting a brick 'n mortar store" little voice in my head to rationalize.

The Mill Hill kits are complete which is a plus.   I like the newer Mill Hill that are not 100% beads.  I like those too but like this style better.


 I am always a sucker for a Lizzie Kate design.  The sample on display swayed this purchase for sure.


Next up, Liberty & Justice for all from one of my favorite designers, Beth Seal of Summer House Stitche Workes.   I'm thinking ahead for my Red, White and Blue Patriotic Christmas tree.

 I have an exchange at Prim Stitchers Society next spring in Asheville, NC.   Each of these is in the running for my exchange piece.  Again both were stitched and on display.


Before I got as far as Lancaster, I hit a consignment store in Belleville, PA.  I saw this contraption and checked it out.   I thought, this is way cool and the price was unbelievably low.    I photo'd it and shared it with my daughters.    Almost immediately they messaged back - Buy It!     I was already out in the car heading out......so repark, go inside and bought it.    I think I confused the Amish ladies by coming back in but confusion seems to be my middle name some days.....either I am confused or I am causing it.

Did I need this, no.    What am I going to do with it?   I don't know.  But I was just taken by it.    I am such a nostalgic sap......I thought of the loving husband who designed this for his stitchy wife.   It certainly is one of a kind which is probably why I gravitated to it.     I haven't had time to explore all the pockets.







I did find this "Jiffy Stitcher" in one pocket and I am sure there are more treasurers hidden in these pockets.   Daughter Heather 'collects' sewing machines.   Hey, no judging here.  Tom Hanks collects typewriters.   I think I will have to pass this to her for her collection.

And what could make this better you ask.  I got home to find my Jack's Stash from Sassy Jack's delivery.  

Back to reality and back to work tomorrow.   For today, I will log into work to get a handle on the week ahead and I need to unpack all the crafting supplies I took to entertain a three year old and then some stitching is in my future for this rainy afternoon.   Still can't clean but reno's are getting closer to being done.   Yeah!

Thanks for stopping by and I need to add, thank you for all the wonderful comments.   I am not that consistent with replying back but I do read and reread and appreciate each one.
........ keep on stitching.......

6 comments:

  1. Love your find. Looks very interesting. You always find the neatest treasures. Once you retire and I come up we need to hit Lancaster for a day or two. See you soon.

    Diane in TN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nifty stitchers box! The Mill Hill kits are new to me...I bought one last month and hope to give it a try after I finish my current stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treasure you found and brought home with you in that portable cabinet of sewing/stitching goodness! You picked up some super things from the shop in PA and what a super package to return to. I also wanted to say I really like the new blog picture. Love the thread you used to stitch it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just find the best stuff.
    Great stash haul, love the Sassy Jack's haul.
    You have some great projects lined up.
    Lots of rain here today also.
    The reno is coming along nicely.
    Have a great week.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good shopping Robin. The sewing box is quite a find. I see you are packing in the projects for your retirement. Hope you find more time to stitch than I have!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much great stash in 1 day!!
    That case is awesome!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.