November 24, 2019

A Partial Finish, A Finish, An FFO, A Start

Just back from another week babysitting little William.   What fun we had.    Will enjoyed a milkshake when we went out to dinner just off the campus of Penn State.

 It was much colder than when I was out there in October so there was very little outside time.

 Using fruity Cherrios, we made Indian Corn, glued on with icing because I knew little hands would be grabbing those Cherrios.     We also made turkeys and caterpillars and a frosty the snowman gingerbread house but I didn't take pictures.



And one other thing that is coming together to William's house is.... William has little sister on the way.   She is due to make an appearance in February.   We are all very excited.


 We did take an afternoon to go to Bald Eagle Park.   It was cold and the snow fences are already up.


 We didn't last long in the brisk cold winds.

As for the renos at my house........old counter tops, appliance garage and breakfast bar
Part one consists of new appliances, new countertops, no breakfast bar, new lighting, crown molding,  and new backsplash.........

Part two will be me painting the cabinets next spring........one more job on my retirement to-do list.


And now to stitching, got a question.  Do you enjoy the last stitch as much as the first stitch of a new start?   I do!    I enjoy each part for a different reason.......the selection process of what I will work on......the beginning stitches when all is (so far) executed perfectly........the final stitched which adds another project to the completion pile!







This was an enjoyable and quick stitch.  I started it in October.   I used the called for threads except for one.   Since I changed the called for fabric to a soft gray, I had to change the lighter gray called for floss.   I was not particularly fond of the over one stitching of the words but I happy with how it came out.   I have plans for how I am going to finish it but........between now and January, that finish won't happen.
Stitch Every Day by Hands On Design

On my way to State College, I stopped in Strasburg, PA at Hodge Podge Cross Stitch Shop to pick up my Santa and the Santa of a friend.    I certainly am capable enough of a seamstress to finish my Santa but it was that all precious commodity of time that seems to always be lacking......
 Diane's is on the left, mine on the right.

 I added buttons instead of the called for cross stitch and added beads here and there.
I used whisper on his beard.

He was another quick stitch, starting him July 25th and finishing him September 25th.

For my new start, I pulled from my stash a class project from Betsy Morgan class, the Pioneer Girl's Book Etui.    I figured it was about time to work on this 2016 class piece!  Up to now, all I have completed is the pre-stitch and what we did in class.

 Near impossible to see but I now have all the back stitching in for the smalls to be completed and I ready to start the stitching.
 I don't know why class pieces scare me so much. Completing this project will give me further confidence in my stitching and finishing ability for sure!    I have an upcoming class with Betsy Morgan in the spring and it would nice to be done before then.  I am pretty sure I can make that deadline!

Thanks for stopping by.......Happy Thanksgiving all my American friends......keep on stitching.

6 comments:

  1. Robin: How much fun you must have had with that sweet looking William.
    Your kitchen is lovely, the counter top is beautiful as are the cabinets.
    Your finish is lovely, I look forward to seeing it constructed, or framed.
    I am a big fan of Betsy Morgan, I took one of her class's in July, she is such a beautiful person.
    Your Santa is beautiful, I too add beads to some of my stitching.

    Have a great week
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well another great week in the books.
    Are you sure Will is only three, he looks more like six to me. Wonderful job on the Santa.
    Love the kitchen reno, I would just Murphy Soap the cabinets
    and change the hardware and forget the paint.
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the kitchen. Almost done my Santa. 1/2 arm left. WILL IS ADORABLE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The remodeling looks nice.
    Those Santas are too cute.
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounded like you had a wonderful week with Will and congratulations on the upcoming birth of a granddaughter. Glad the kitchen renovation is coming along! I really like the look of your kitchen. Mr. Claus looks fabulous. Wishing you a blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're always up to some good stuff! The Santas finished up sweet! I'm looking at that Stitch Every Day and thinking I might want to stitch it as well...it's such a happy piece! :-) Congrats on a Granddaughter! She has a wonderful big brother to watch over her! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.