December 15, 2019

Christmas is coming

and everyone is scurrying about with last minute shopping, visits with friends, Christmas parties and decorations.   But for me a bit of relaxing for me on this Sunday afternoon.  

I finally managed to get all the decorations done, inside and out, except for the tree.   I voted to start the wrapping of presents over doing the tree.   Sweet William will be here on the 19th.  If I can't steal  a few minutes each morning before work to get the tree done, Willy and I can do it together.   Much more important I get the presents wrapped and hidden before the wee one gets here.


 Even Mother Nature has decorated the trees and bushes with tons of red berries.


Inside, the carolers are all queued up.


As I count down until Christmas, I am also sure to count my blessings.

And I am counting down until my last day at work!    January 9th will be my last day so between holidays and a few vacations days I have to take, I have 8 more 'get ups!'.    It has taken until the last week or so to get excited.  I have a list a mile long of household projects, craft projects, trips and adventures of things to do once I retire and have been warned that I may start with gusto but will soon have my zest for accomplishing these tasks quickly be dashed as I learn to put off until the next day.

For a well deserved treat this afternoon, I have turned to Betsy Morgan's Pioneer School Girl project.   Until recently I had not picked it up since I took the class in 2016 at Salty Yarns.   I decided to suck it up and dive in.   Earlier this month I did all the backstitch outline for the smalls and managing to steal a few minutes here and there have been able to stitch through the smalls.




Close to finishing up the last of the smalls and then I will start the 'book'




I gave myself an early Christmas present.   Mr. W. and I decided not to exchange presents this year.   Not only have we enjoyed a new pergola on our deck this year, a new bathroom and an upgraded kitchen, we really don't need anything.   During the year, we see it, we get it.  And I want to be on the downsizing side of collecting stuff and to more actively get rid of things.    My present to myself, Betsy Morgan's  Willing Hands.    What a beautiful book, beautiful photos, great stitch diagrams, complete patterns and finishing instructions and background on each piece.   What a nice respite in the middle of the holiday crush.   I have enjoyed paging through it.

Thanks for stopping by and keep on stitching

1 comment:

  1. Love your Christmas display! I’m on the waiting list at Salty Yarns for the Betsy Morgan book, can’t wait to get it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.