August 23, 2020

Gearing up

 As for the August crafting goals I set for myself, I am pretty much on target.  The quilt I was working on and wanted to finish is completed - see this post.   

Progress has been made on my grand daughter's Christmas Stocking.  Stitching on this larger count is a nice change of pace.  Stitching will be done in no time.   The count makes it a great piece to stitch outside on the deck.  However the frequent color changes are a nuisance.

I am up-to-date on the blackwork SAL.


And just what did we do before we discovered these clips!

Coming out of time-out, is Ornaments ala Round.  Humidity and thunderstorms today will give me the opportunity to concentrate on this.  I really want to move this one across the finish line.  This weekend all I want to do is get one of the #*$&@! branches completed.  Needles are loaded and ready for attack.

Many thanks to comments on my Wordless Wednesdays......problem is I am a people watcher and nature lover.   Most likely you will soon get bored of my yard and the lack of people since I am staying  home but for now I will trudge on.  I am trying to  avoid being repetitive and not to include any photos I put on Instagram.  Even though I said it was Wordless Wednesday, I wonder if I should add captions.   I will resist my urge to be use my words.  

My only excursion other than grocery shopping is meeting weekly with my stitching circle.  Since I am planning to head out and visit my babies later this week I begged off this past week from getting together with the gals.    I was with them in spirit.  Mr. William has a count down for when Damma will get there.  And I understand his tent is set up in the back yard and he believes I will be camping out with him........OMGosh, what body aches I will have come the morning.      I am also toying, yes toying with, the thought of bringing him home with me for a week.   I am more worried about my surviving a week with a four-year-old than him surviving a week away from his parents.  With many kid oriented places shut due to Covid I am not sure what I will do with him.   Jury is still out. Quite doubtful after this post if I will get anymore crafting done this month between visiting State College and if I bring Will back with me.  

Fall is just around the corner and with that retreats that I booked back in March......fingers are crossed that they won't be cancelled.   Who would have thought back in March when the word pandemic first was reported on the nightly news that we would still be in the throws of it.  Two October retreats are still on as of now but one for November has already been axed.  

My Delaware Guild has starting having monthly Zoom meetings and they have been fun to participate in.   My EGA will be starting them soon as well.  I just love how we have all made unknown technology our new normal.  

So that is where I am this August morning.     Thanks for stopping by, stay safe, stay healthy and keep on stitching!

7 comments:

  1. Robin, we always had the grandkids for a week, before we moved closer....prepare for total exhaustion!!! :) But a lot of fun and great memories too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LUCKY YOU FOR TIME WITH THE GRANDS. You & Will will have a great time. Never fear, the are only little once. Take Ornaments to the finish line!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your black work project is looking good. I don't know about you, but before those clips, I used pins or needles. The stocking is looking good. Enjoy your trip to see the grands!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress this week. And caught up on the blackwork!
    Wordless Wednesday is great and I never get tired of yard pics.
    You're going to need to rest up this week.
    Maybe try sleeping on the floor one or two nights
    to prepare for Will's camp out.
    Have a great week.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stitching progress .
    I must buy some of these clips .
    Enjoy your new week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely stitching and progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robin: I looked at your quilt it is lovely.
    The Christmas stocking you are working on looks very pretty, can you share the designer? just curious, I like working on larger count every once I a while, it is a nice break.
    Oh my goodness your Blackwork is beautiful, I may need to try Blackwork, I do love the type of clip you are suing, I have mine handy always.
    Ala Round is so pretty, I love adding beads to my stitching.
    What fun to have your grandson for a week.

    Have a great week
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.