October 28, 2020

Tail wind



 I've got the wind in my sails for sure but don't know if this strong tail wind will be enough to have me reach port on the appointed date.  Super happy with my progress.  As expected, the letters are going quickly.    I am slightly optimistic I can make it.  

With some waiting room time coming up, I hope to make continued progress.     I had planned to go to State College at the end of the week (Thursday a.m. and NOT heaven forbid on Friday of a home game weekend - I know better) so I knew there would be no stitching with a four-year old and a ten-month old but those plans have been canceled.   Willy was sad when he told me the little boy next door might have "germ balls" from a day care worker who tested positive for Covid.  We all think it best I delay my trip for two weeks.   Willy loves getting mail so I was quick to put some cards and stickers in the mail for him.

It is bittersweet.  I would certainly rather be bunking in Willy's room than at home but I am glad I can devote more time to Coming to America and hopefully finish in time.  I think I have advanced so much that I need to only stitch ten rows of the pattern each day to do it.   Somedays maybe more than 10 and somedays maybe not as many.  Although I am enjoying everything about this piece but because I have been dedicating my time to just this piece I am ready to move on to something else.   I'd like to have all the names done by end of stitching tomorrow.  That would be more than 20 rows in two days......knowing full well what I'd like to do and what I get done often are not the same thing.

Thanks for stopping by, stay safe, stay healthy and keep on stitching.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry your trip has been canceled, but on the plus side, you can get closer to reaching dock time on the Mayflower piece. It is looking fabulous, Robin! Love your stitched pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pumpkin looks great...I'm assuming you went in through the bottom.
    I finished my Coming to America last night except for my initials which I will add, Like Stacy S, the last day of the journey. Enjoy your unexpected free time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sea sick, I can hear the waves crashing as your needle sails through the linen. Great progress.
    So sorry about the postponed trip, two weeks go by real fast, especially when you're stitching.
    Very gray and rainy here today and tomorrow and talking snow for
    Friday, and we still have a lot of leaves to come down.
    Have a great rest of the week.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry your plans are delayed.
    I like Willy's term, Germ Balls. :)
    Great progress on CTA!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh! Them durn germ balls ruin everything!!! ;-) He's such a sweet kid..... that's all the more fun you'll have next visit! Awesome progress on Coming to America! Rainy cold days make for some great stitching time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.