November 30, 2020

My Month of things I am grateful for.....

In the beginning of November I started seeing people posting on Instagram what they are thankful for.   I started by laying in bed each night as I drifted off to think about what was 'good' in that day.  It didn't take long before my thoughts of gratitude migrated to me thinking about it during the daytime hours.  Often there was more than one thing, and some days were a repeat of previous days.   With all the negativity in the world, it is amazing how many things we take for granted and can be grateful for.

So here goes, my list for November 2020.  
  • November 1st -  Listening to a gentle rainfall
  • November 2nd - My friends - near and far
  • November 3rd - The freedom to cast my vote
  • November 4th - Children; they will always be my babies
  • November 5th - Retirement - Wahoo!
  • November 6th - Walking in the crisp fall air
  • November 7th - A mask-wearing stitching day with friends
  • November 8th - Unseasonable warm weather in November
  • November 9th - The smell of line-dried sheets on the bed
  • November 10th - Anticipation of a finish - Coming to America 
  • November 11th - Our veterans.  Thank you for your service.
  • November 12th - A safe road trip to the grand babies
  • November 13th - Grandbabies that I never thought I would have.
  • November 14th - My son as an excellent father
  • November 15th - My daughter, Amy, born 42 years ago today
  • November 16th - Great numbers at my annual physical 
  • November 17th - Audiobooks while I drive
  • November 18th - Flosstube - except that it makes me want to  go online and buy everything
  • November 19th - Amazon, InstaCart and all the online shopping
  • November 20th - The ability to disappear into a good book
  • November 21st - My treadmill - no excuses to not walk based on weather
  • November 22nd - A nice cup of coffee while sitting on the deck and listening to the birds
  • November 23rd - A balanced checkbook on the first attempt
  • November 24th - Instant Kindle downloads - necessary when you are reading a series
  • November 24th - Nature - the miracles of nature
  • November 25th - All the things I can do without leaving my house
  • November 26th - The smell of turkey throughout the house
  • November 27th - Leftovers!
  • November 28th - Flannel sheets on the bed
  • November 29th - Blog friends
  • November 30th - Fall decor down and stowed away, holiday decor up, Christmas shopping done.
I hope you too can stop for a minute and find something good in each day.  And if you stuck with me through all of this here are some words to live by

While every day may not be a good day, there is good in every day.

Thanks for stopping by, stay safe, stay healthy and keep on stitching.


7 comments:

  1. I loved your list and the words to live, Robin. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am grateful for life and the fact I live in a free country and the freedom to practice my religion.
    Have a Blessed week.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas shopping DONE????Wow, I’m impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas shopping DONE????Wow, I’m impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All good things to be thankful for...and important to focus on them, especially this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree! It's all in the perspective we choose! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree!! So much in this life to be thankful and grateful for.
    It really is all the little things that add up.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.