December 8, 2020

Exchanges and finishes

I made a bunch of tags to use
for numbering each present.
I was invited by a friend to do an Advent Exchange.   We had talked about doing it with a larger group but with the pandemic and concerns about mailing delays that got derailed.   I like the idea so much I made up a surprise Advent Exchange for my sister.   She will have a small gift to look forward to opening each day until the 24th of December.  It has been fun 'collecting' the things and figuring out how to wrap them in a cool presentation way.


These are the baskets I made.  Above is my sister's and below is my friend Stacy's


And here is my bag of goodies from Stacy......we are having fun opening one each day


This week I laced and mounted Ornaments ala Round.  This was finished in September.   I have been waiting for the frame that my friend Carol helped me get from Brick City Stitch in Ocala, FL.  Brick City is the LNS for Glendon Place.   Lacing it was interesting but so happy to have it done.  For now, it has a place of honor on my kitchen table.




This is stitched using 49 different DMC colors, 13 different Kreiniks and 12 different Mill Hill beads.  The designer is Glendon Place and it was stitched on PTP Mello in 28 count.    And to think I reluctantly participated in this SAL.....I kind of had no resistance when my two fiends were so gung-ho to do it.  I am glad I did.  Each ornament was a goal to be accomplished.   Right now this is my favorite stitched piece......

I also finished this cardinal this week.   The pattern is "When Cardinals Appear" from  Blackberry Lane.  It is stitched on 32 count Crystal Fathom.  I haven't thought about how I am going to finish it.

He instantly became cute when I added his eyes.


I had fits and starts with some of the snowflakes over one.   
My third finish this week is the Shepherd's Bush Christmas stocking for my grand daughter. It goes in the mail to her tomorrow.  I will have to share the 'traditional' photo of the baby in the stocking on their first Christmas.   Nice to get these UFO's out of the basket of shame.


I am so glad that Buddy Cat is not disturbed by my placement of stitched Santas.   An entire house as his domain and why does he have to perch here?


Thanks for stopping by.....hang in there as we approach a pandemic restricted holiday season, stay safe, wear your mask, stay healthy and keep on stitching.  

6 comments:

  1. Love the advent gifts, Buddy cat just loves his spot. big hugs Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Santa display with cat looks super! Well done on getting the ornament ala round and the stocking in finished form. Both are beautiful. Your cardinal finish looks great and I really like that Fathom fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, LOVE the Ornaments a la Round! Beautiful! I have the cardinal one, too. I'm sure your granddaughter will love her stocking. Silly kitty! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First and foremost, a snap of BUDDY!! It's obvious that
    he is in full security watch mode.
    Once again stitching is just gorgeous.
    Ornaments is just stunning!!
    Great job on the framing.
    The Advent baskets are wonderful.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the advent gift exchange idea! And your wrapping is outstanding! :-)
    Cats have their routines and nothing gets in their way.... but, they are soooooo cute!!!
    Your ornaments ala round is gorgeous...perfect framing too! That piece will certainly be treasured for many years!
    Raegan's stocking is sweet....and love that cardinal too!
    Did you get your FQS Stitch Quarterly yet? OMG.....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a fun exchange.
    Ornaments turned out beautiful, that frame is perfect.
    Love that Cardinal, & the stocking is so pretty.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.