December 17, 2020

Happy mail and happy starts

I forgot to share my quarterly shipment from Fat Quarter Shop.  They really put together such a nice package.

 

Even though I stitch on linen, the fabric they included is so pretty that I think I will just have to suffer through on the 14 ct. Aida.  I am keeping this one in mind as a Christmas in July project.   


Because I just finished the WTNT Merry and Minty SAL, I was in the mood to stitch up some ornaments.  I dug into my box of Christmas patterns and pulled three of small patterns for some quick stitching.  I used mystery fabric from stash and substituted floss as best I could.   I have been stitching on my blackwork in the morning and ornaments in the afternoons.   
I have always wanted to stitch ornaments but I think in the back of my mind I thought the scale of the ornaments on the tree wouldn't be right.    I saw what Carol at Stitching Dreams did with her ornaments and now I have a plan.   So while catching up on Floss Tube, I think I can eek out some more finishes before the end of the year.     Thank goodness for stash!



For my Blackwork, I only have room for 6 more rows, or 9 motifs,  before I reach the end of my banding.   
I think I’ve got a pretty good ratio going:  3/1.  One work on a year-long SAL and three new small starts. When it comes to stitching, I can justify 9 ways to Sunday.  

Thanks for stopping by, stay safe, stay healthy and keep on stitching.

8 comments:

  1. Your Blackwork piece is looking fabulous. I like the ornaments you have picked to work on between now and year's end. Lovely quarterly piece you received!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stitching on your Christmas and Blackwork stitching .
    Great goodies in your bag.
    Enjoy a nice stitching day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be starting Santa Baby this weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin: Your Blackwork is beautiful, I do like the ornaments you have chosen to stitch.
    Wonderful package to receive this time of year Santa baby is adorable.

    Merry Christmas
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful mail, FQ does such a great job with presentation.
    Love the black work piece and your choice for future ornaments.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you will be stitching more ornaments next year, Robin--they are quite addicting. As for the size of them on the tree, I tend to stitch on 40 ct. so none of them are huge. Glad I could help with a bit of inspiration--that's what stitching friends are for, right? Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful header and a wonderful package. Merry Christmas !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.