February 21, 2021

Construction

Not household construction just stitching construction.   I thought I was approaching the windows brilliantly for the upper floor of the yellow house.   O contraire my dear friends.   I had the spacing wrong so....out came windows and their trim and now I put them in correctly spaced.   Que sera sera. The house is not bad to work on because once windows are spaced correctly it can be mindless stitching.  However, after stitching all morning it is hard to feel like progress has been made.   At least I am getting the meditative benefit from the repetitive motion.

I returned to the wallpaper removal project of mine.  I don’t know what interrupted my progress...... something came up and I slacked off for about ten days.   I am now working my way down the stairs.  Tricky....and messy and don’t even suggest a tarp on the steps.  Trust me there is a reason my children won't let me play in the reindeer games.   The only bright side is the amount of wall space does decrease as I go down.   I am determined to get this off my To-Do list so give me another couple weeks and I think I should be ready to paint.


I feel like I have settled into a workable wintertime stitching routine.   I have been spending a week to ten days working on the monthly HOD piece.  Once stitched, I work on finishing it right away.   

Since I am in finishing mood at that point I am dragging one UFO out of the bin.   This month I selected this snowman kit I purchased when in Memphis for Prim Stitchers Retreat a couple years back.    

And of course I am off on any other tangent.....one evening on FaceTime with my daughter she showed me her gorgeous, well done bullet journal.  (Check out this post to see what Lisa does.)  My daughter thought this was something right up my alley. A few Pinterest dives and then a few YouTube videos and I was hooked.   I have always been a list maker and as an Executive Assistant using a Franklin Planner for years made me ever so more productive.  I remember the VP of Information Technology, a young whipper snapper of 39, used to tease me that I could do the same on an ap on my phone..... but my planner was my security blanket and bible and it saved his butt a time or two when I could immediately turn to the info he wanted.   Of course I had to dive in with both feet and head right to Amazon.   As justification I seriously think I have been training for this my whole life.    I will definitely have to share any progress......I just hope this is not yet another great idea that I lose interest in.   

I am trying different layouts.  I am finding sitting for an hour drawing is very relaxing.  

It goes without saying ....those poor people in Texas.  I pray they get relief soon and start the slow process of recovery.  It must look like a war zone in their homes with broken pipes and destruction.   I cannot begin to imagine.  I've messaged a few friends I know that live there to check on them and offer prayers.

So that’s what is going on in my life.  A project or three to keep my busy while staying cozy inside.  
And to just make sure I don't get bored, .....I have jury duty!  Selection via Zoom in the morning  Fingers crossed I don't get selected.

Thanks for stopping by, stay safe, stay healthy, wear your mask, get your shot and keep on stitching.

5 comments:

  1. AS USUAL A great Blog. Love what you do. I start a journal, but alas as I am a monogamist stitcher, not much is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress on LTIL.
    You're in the homestretch with the wallpaper project.
    That is a major undertaking.
    You'll glide through the painting and be able to cross that
    huge project off your list before Spring outdoor chores start.
    I think I like the bullet journal more than those fancy planners.
    I also like the word of the week idea.
    Hope you're having a great week.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress!
    You will be glad when you get the stairwell painted, it will look nice.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you are in the final stretch with the wall paper. Yay! Lovely stitched pieces and you have made good progress on the house. Your bullet journal looks very cool. How do you like the lines of dots versus solid lines? Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny you talk about a journal. I also have started a little one for stitching. I just mainly put down what I am working on that day and maybe one or two exciting things for that (have there have not been too many this winter). I started it in January. It is not as exciting as yours but we will see how long I keep it up. That wallpaper will be done before you know it. Can’t wait until we can get together again.
    Diane in TN

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.